AnsweredAssumed Answered

Deleting a user from IDD & impact on qfiles?

Question asked by m.fuqua on Jul 14, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 by m.fuqua

I have returned to IDMS DBA work after > 10 years away & am 'relearning' how to do things. One task I have is to clean-up old user IDs using IDD & OCF. I have come across a few users who are registered for qfiles - typically as:

*+ REGISTERED FOR ALL OF
*+ QFILE 'NEW HEMPLYRS' VERSION 1
*+ WITH RESPONSIBILITY FOR CREATION UPDATE DELETION

I understand the 'definition' above, but for some reason, I remember, maybe incorrectly, that you need to be careful deleting a user who is registered for a qfile. That is, the qfile may become 'invalid / inoperative', or worse, be dropped, if the user is the only registered user for the qfile? I tried to display one of the qfiles in question to see if other users were registered for the qfile, but received:

DC601081 USER NOT REGISTERED FOR FUNCTION AGAINST THIS ENTITY OCCURRENCE

So, my questions: 1) if a user is dropped from IDD & is the only user registered for a qfile, is the associated qfile dropped as well?; and 2) if the qfile will be dropped, how can I display the qfile without the DC601081 & then register another user for it if needed?

Sorry if this is a 'stupid' question and/or if I have it completely wrong, but I want to be sure before I drop the users. Thanks for reading this & for any help/insight you can provide, I appreciate it.

Outcomes