IT Process Automation

• 1.  Cannot install cluster node for domain orchestrator

Posted Jul 20, 2015 02:08 PM

When I tried to install cluster node for domain orchestrator I received error Unable to launch the application with details Unable to load resources. I attached error.png for details. We have node1 PAM server 4.2 SP2. The server has two NICs. NIC1 is connected to APP VLAN where other servers like Service Catalog, SDM, etc are running. NIC2 is connected to DB VLAN where SQL server runs. I was able to bind PAM services to NIC1 interface by using jboss.bind.address parameter in  oasisconfig.properties (Problem accessing PAM) but jetty is still running on NIC2 interface. Probably this is the reason why I cannot add the second node.

Thank you,

Milan

• 2.  Re: Cannot install cluster node for domain orchestrator
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2015 06:21 PM

This suggestion came from CA Support and worked for me and I suggested it to subhrajit_HCL too. Try setting the Primary NIC's priority to a higher value and the Secondary NIC's priority to a lower value (How to set different default network card on Windows 2012 server - TechSultan) and restart Orchestrator services. See if Jetty server binds to the Primary NIC. Based on the recommendation by CA Support, I have also submitted an idea for providing us a config parameter for Jetty server bind address.

• 3.  Re: Cannot install cluster node for domain orchestrator

Posted Jul 24, 2015 06:07 AM

We had similar issues but with a VM not a physical server with two network cards.

Our solution was to log in as Local Admin (Administrator), not a user account with Admin privileges.

Just a thought.

• 4.  Re: Cannot install cluster node for domain orchestrator

Posted Jul 26, 2015 06:21 AM

Hi  Teslasdreams and spencer.sivakumaran,

thank you very much for your advice, our second PAM node is installed and working.

Have a nice day.

Milan