Layer7 API Management

• 1.  self defined global variables which can be used in the portal content

Posted Jul 22, 2015 09:42 AM

Are there any possibilities to define global variables in the Developer Portal such as GATEWAY_HOST which can be used in the content.

For example: If I want to add a new api with a location to the backend service, this location would look something like this: http://${GATEWAY_HOST}/my/incredible/path

• 2.  Re: self defined global variables which can be used in the portal content

Posted Jul 22, 2015 10:09 AM

Hello

You can create cluster wide properties via the policy manager's menu item  tasks -> Manage Cluster-Wide-Properties.  For example you could create mybackend.hostname, from this menu and then refer to it in the policy as ${gateway.mybackend.hostname}.

https://wiki.ca.com/display/GATEWAY84/Manage+Cluster-Wide+Properties

Regards

Christopher Clark

CA Support

• 3.  Re: self defined global variables which can be used in the portal content

Posted Jul 27, 2015 08:29 AM

Hi Christopher,

This seems to work for policy manager stuff. But is there anything similiar for the apiexplorer on the portal? I would be really happy if I don't have to set the gateway host in the wadl file when the portal actually knows its gateway. If this is possible, it would be much easier to update the apis via patches between different environments.

Regards

Andi

• 4.  Re: self defined global variables which can be used in the portal content
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2016 11:58 AM

Hi res13,

I am not aware of anything for the API Portal side with regards to variables that can be used in place of text for items like GATEWAY_HOST, but it's a great idea, and one that we can definitely review for a future release or timeline. I highly encourage you to submit an idea to our CA API Management community, as ideas are submitted from other customers alike and also by internal employees (including myself) when we feel there is something that can be improved upon or something completely new that we should be doing to make our customers lives easier. Our Product Management team reviews them frequently and will interact with you if they want to ask any more questions as they design it or to perhaps announce that it has been implemented or released. You can create a new idea at the CA API Management community located at ca.com/talkapi and clicking on [Actions] > [Create an idea]. Don't forget to vote on it yourself after it's been filed, as the CA Communities do not auto-vote on your behalf (yet).

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi

• 5.  Re: self defined global variables which can be used in the portal content

Posted May 04, 2016 02:23 AM

• 6.  Re: self defined global variables which can be used in the portal content

Posted Dec 10, 2015 10:06 AM

Hello. Has this question been answered satisfactorily? If so then please take a moment to select the appropriate response as a helpful or correct answer. Thanks!