AnsweredAssumed Answered

JasperSoft Install with MSSQL Instance

Question asked by Rob-BBT on Jul 23, 2015
Latest reply on May 4, 2016 by Allison.nichols

I am trying to install JasperSoft and running into an issue with the way we have MS-SQL setup.  We use a shared SQL environment and our Clarity environment is on an instance like WILDEVSQL01\DEVSQL01.

As such, we do not specify a port number however this is required in the JasperSoft install.  So if I just leave the default 1433, it comes back with an error saying that you can't specify a port AND have a named instance declared.

So I tried to tinker under the hood looking at the install.xml file, which I then made the dbPort parameter a text field and then also removed any reference to dbPort in the jdbc url so that only the dbHost should be passed.

This did get me past the error listed above and it looks like it starts to install but then runs into this error:

BUILD FAILED

D:\temp\JSOFT\ca_ppm_jaspersoft_5.6.1_4.7\buildomatic\bin\db-common.xml:92: The following error occurred while executing this line:

D:\temp\JSOFT\ca_ppm_jaspersoft_5.6.1_4.7\buildomatic\bin\app-server.xml:60: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host WILSEDEVSQLCL01SEDEV01, port 1433 has failed. Error: "null. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:190)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:241)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2243)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.open(IOBuffer.java:491)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1309)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:991)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:827)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012)

at com.jaspersoft.buildomatic.sql.ant.AdvancedSQLExec.establishConnection(AdvancedSQLExec.java:177)

at com.jaspersoft.buildomatic.sql.ant.AdvancedSQLExec.getConnection(AdvancedSQLExec.java:145)

at com.jaspersoft.buildomatic.sql.ant.AdvancedSQLExec.execute(AdvancedSQLExec.java:78)

at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:68)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:398)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:390)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:411)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1397)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1366)

at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1249)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:801)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:218)

at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:280)

at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:109)

Total time: 16 seconds

BUILD FAILED

D:\temp\JSOFT\ca_ppm_jaspersoft_5.6.1_4.7\install.xml:472: The following error occurred while executing this line:

D:\temp\JSOFT\ca_ppm_jaspersoft_5.6.1_4.7\install.xml:292: The following error occurred while executing this line:

D:\temp\JSOFT\ca_ppm_jaspersoft_5.6.1_4.7\install.xml:503: ERROR: Error during running this ant target init-js-db-pro

For more details, please check D:\temp\JSOFT\ca_ppm_jaspersoft_5.6.1_4.7/install.log file

Total time: 1 minute 29 seconds

Notice how the SQL hostname and instance are smooshed together and it still is looking for port 1433.

I do have a case open with support but I have to think I'm not the only one that has tried to use a shared SQL environment to install this.

Outcomes