AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with API Test Collection with ALM

Question asked by jhamric on Jul 24, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 by jhamric

Hello,

I am attempting to use the REST "get" step to obtain a test from ALM to be automated in LISA and later have the status updated to "pass" and the LISA test attached to the ALM case.

After reading a guide my understanding is I must use "Test Collections" API to obtain the TEST ID and I was given a link like this:

/qcbin/rest/domains/{domain}/projects/{project}/tests

I am haveing problems executing this step. I have tried several methods including inserting the correct domain and project inside the {{ }}, I have done the same with a property of "domain" and "project" with the correct value and leaving {{DOMAIN}} as it stands in original link. I have also tried totally removing the {{ }} and just putting in the domain and project after domain/ and project/.

I continue to get the same error.

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/>

<title>Error 401 Authentication failed. Browser based integrations - to login append '?login-form-required=y to the url you tried to access.</title>

</head>

<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 401</h2>

<p>Problem accessing /qcbin/rest/domains/%7XDOMAINHEREX7D/projects/%XPROJECTHEREX7D/tests. Reason:

<pre>    Authentication failed. Browser based integrations - to login append '?login-form-required=y to the url you tried to access.</pre></p><hr /><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><br/>

(The area with strikethrough I changed for security reasons, but it is my correct domain/project.

I am wondering if perhaps the issue is in the end of that url with /tests. Do I need to change that to something else?

Please give any advice as I seem to have hit a wall.

I did successfully authenticate in the prior rest step FYI.

Outcomes