DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

• 1.  Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 27, 2015 05:25 AM

Hello Buddies,

alarm notifier was not sending E-Mail notification automatically when alarm has been occured on specific model.

I have checked for The Alarmnotifier ststus whish is running with the processd service name

and Mail Command Parameters were there

in registry settings HKEY_CURRENT_USER ----->Software------>Smail---->(Hostname,smtphost,username) parameters

everything is ok but when ever alarm has occured on model  i have to be assigned troubleshooter manually from alarm tab in contents panel.

Please Help Me.

Regards,

SK_KAVALA

• 2.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 27, 2015 08:39 AM

A few things to check out:

1. Configure a SANM Policy to create filters for the alarms you wish to send out e-mail notifiecation for being sure to populate the Notification Data field with a valid e-mail address.

2. Ensure the "SENDMAIL" parameter in the Alarm Notifier script is set to "True" and "VARFORMAIL" is set to "NotificationData".

Reference the "AlarmNotifier User Guide" and "Aalrm Notification Manager User Guide" documents for more information.

And yes, you do have to assign a trouble shooter manually.

Joe

• 3.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 12:51 AM

Hello@ Joseph

yeah i made sure that SENDMAIL = TRUE      &  VARFORMAIL=NotificationData

but i haven't created any SANM policy

• 4.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 01:34 AM

Joseph I have created SANM policy now what should i do now.

• 5.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 01:55 AM

Satish,

Check my previous comments

i) Check if ur able to send emails manually

on Spectroserver -> cmd -> mail -s "test" <mail id in ur domain>

enter

enter

Check if ur able to see this email. This will confirm your smtp configurations are good to go.

ii) Also check if u see the output in the notifier.out as well when processed by alarm notifier.

iii) Check the SANM policies/filters/scripts

• 6.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 02:00 AM

Kalyan i have checked it  mail was not sent to mail id i was mentioned there.

• 7.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 05:32 AM

Hello Satish,

The mail from OC will use the Oneclick snmtp configurations. OC -> Admin page

Alarm Notifier needs the Spectroserver to send emails. As you have the tested the manual mail command and as it fails it should be a problem with the smtp configurations on your Spectroserver.

If possible can you post the malil command which you used to configuere the smtp things on Spectrum? or the smail configs from regedit?

• 8.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 05:55 AM

Kalyan i can't be provided mail command why beacause i had not done that besides i can provide you SMAIL details

Please find the SNAP

SMAIL.jpg

ACTUALLY what i made changes here na previously smtphost was someother one i have changed it because that old one destroyed

also username changed to my mail id in domain

• 9.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 02:09 AM

kalyan but i am able to  send mail manually about alarm notification in contents panel --- > AlarmTab.

Regards,

SK_KAVALA

• 10.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 27, 2015 10:45 AM

Hello Satish,

few more cents

i) Check if ur able to send emails manually

on Spectroserver -> cmd -> mail -s "test" <mail id in ur domain>

enter

enter

Check if ur able to see this email.

ii) Also check if u see the output in the notifier.out as well when processed by alarm notifier.

• 11.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 29, 2015 02:47 AM

Kalyan please reply me

and also i have set Notification Data in SANM policy  as formatted like      satish:serveradmin

is it ok or else i should mention email id's of respective names in notification data in SANM policy

• 12.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 29, 2015 07:00 AM

If the mail configuration on the server and the Notification Data is configured with a valid e-mail address and you are still not getting e-mails from Notifier, I recommend opening a case with Spectrum support to gather log file information to trouble shoot this issue.

Joe

• 13.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 30, 2015 12:23 AM

Hello @ Joseph

Notification Data in SANM Policy i should mention E-mail address or else Name of Receipent.

• 14.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 29, 2015 07:29 AM

Satish,

If the mail doesn't wokr with the above mail command then it is definitely a problem with the communication between your Spectroserver and exchange . I suggest to check with your exchange admin on this.

I believe when you are trying to send email from cli using mail command on the Spectroserver , you get a error"failed to connect": right?

ex:

1. Type the mail command like the below

mail -h  RCI-HAS-CAS01.hastinapur.res -m hastinapur.res  -u caspectrum

2.From the command prompt now type

i)mail -s "test" <domain address>

ii) hit enter you will  get

Using SMTP host notessmtp

Using return address "WAN" <wanload@nexweb.org>

Type a . (period) hit enter an then you get the mail message

Get this output for me.

• 15.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 30, 2015 12:18 AM

Kalyan,

Please have a look at Below snap for out put of mail command that what you have said.

mail 2.jpg

kalyan, i was not getting what you said about final step could you please elobarate a bit more ( Type a . (period) hit enter an then you get the mail message )

• 16.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 30, 2015 02:32 AM

Kalyan i got it after hit enter

hit enter i got a mail

• 17.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 30, 2015 06:27 AM

Satish,

Did you check now if AN is processing the emails as the email from CLI works? Check the notifier.out as well to see if the alarm is looged .

• 18.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 30, 2015 06:59 AM

Kalyan,

Nothing happend in notifier.out file

• 19.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Jul 31, 2015 05:09 AM

Kalyan i am alsmost done but something obstaclled me

please help me in this regards

• 20.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Aug 01, 2015 08:55 AM

Satish,

I think you have issues with the AN scripts or the SANM filters. Can you please open a support ticket?

Before that go to Spectroserver -> cmd -> bash -l -> cd Notifier -> ./AlarmNotifier

Generate an alarm in Spectrum which is processed by AN and then see if you see something in the above AN output in CLI.Get this screenshot into the ticket.

• 21.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Aug 01, 2015 09:53 AM

Kalyan,

actually i don't have any active support with CA that's why i am keep on trying with Forum.

By the way please fins the output of  cmd -> bash -l -> cd Notifier -> ./AlarmNotifier

i have only one landscape but my Landscape Mode is in Multi mode.

and one small query    is  with Default SANM policy AN doesn't function properly.

AN.jpg

• 22.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Aug 01, 2015 10:12 AM

SANM Policy snap :

SANM Policy.jpg

• 23.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Aug 04, 2015 05:27 AM

Satish,

SANM filters looks good and you will see an email only for a collection based on your screenshots.  From the screenshot i dont see any new alarms been picked by Alarm Notifier. Next thing i would do is to check if the sendmail option is set to  Notification data . Can you check this?

I assume you tried to create a critical or Major alarm for the mentioned collection after starting AN from cli as per the above screenshot right?

• 24.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Aug 06, 2015 08:28 AM

Yes,

yeah i have set it to notification data.

PFA

vaf1.jpg

vaf23.jpg

• 25.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Aug 08, 2015 05:09 AM

Kalyan please reply me ,

and one more thing

Notifier.out1.jpg

• 26.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Aug 10, 2015 12:59 PM

Satish,

Do you see anything logged in the Notifier.out file? You are checking the bak file.

• 27.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Aug 13, 2015 02:56 AM

Kalyan,

Please have a look at Below Snaps

jpeg1.jpg

jpeg2.jpg

• 28.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Aug 13, 2015 07:38 AM

Seems to me that you have an issue with Spectrum/AN communication. This needs to be investigated further with a support ticket.

• 29.  Re: Alarm notifier not sending mail notifications automatically when Alarm has been occured on model.

Posted Nov 19, 2016 12:55 PM

in registry settings HKEY_CURRENT_USER ----->Software------>Smail---->

I am not getting the above path in registry

please guide