CA Client Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

• 1.  In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Jul 27, 2015 03:28 AM

several scalability servers are not collecting the data. In system engine. When it tries to collect the data. it says common server failed. What might be the reason?

• 2.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 09:54 AM

Hi Sahaya,

Maybe there is a problem with caf on the Scalability Servers.

Check on the scalability servers if caf and all its plugins are up and running :

caf status

Otherwise execute

caf start

You could also check if CAM and CAF communication is working fine between DOMAIN and SS

On DOMAIN ITCM in a DOS prompt execute these commands and check if they are working :

camping ssname

caf ping ssname

Regards,

Jean-Yves GUIBLET

• 3.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Jul 27, 2015 10:06 AM

There are more than 30 scalability servers with the same error. And i have tried those commands and found that the they are fine.

C:\Users\dsm4>camping dam329w01

camping: Trying 10.193.177.67 ...

1:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 24ms

2:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 22ms

3:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 26ms

4:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 29ms

dam329w01: camping done, statistics:-

Sent 4, completed 4, packet size 64 bytes.

Round-trip (ms) min/ave/max = 22.0/25.3/29.0.

Timed out 0 (0%) (detected: late discard return 0, late completion 0)

C:\Users\dsm4>caf ping dam329w01

Pinging caf on dam329w01...

[1]  856 ms: CA DSM r12 Common Application Framework 12.5.1000.767

[2]   32 ms: CA DSM r12 Common Application Framework 12.5.1000.767

[3]   32 ms: CA DSM r12 Common Application Framework 12.5.1000.767

[4]   31 ms: CA DSM r12 Common Application Framework 12.5.1000.767

• 4.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:30 AM

Hi

There is something you should check on the problem SS servers

1. open the %CAI_MSQ%\logs\ directory and look at the DG logs and verify if you are receiving any reverse proxy messages like what is described in technical document TEC539203

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec539203.aspx

NOTE if you are using settings under the #ROUTING section do not set disable_proxies as this will override the ROUTING entries.

2. Check on the SS servers CA\DSM\ServerDB\SECTOR\COLLECT\00000001 directory and see if you have any large collect files anything greater than 5k if you do move them to a temp location and stop caf , then run

camclose & cam start -c -l , then restart caf and see if this helps.

3. you should consider getting off ITCM 12.5 SP1 as it is heading for retirement at the end of the year so I would advise upgrading the DOmain Manager and Scalability servers to CA Client Automation 12.9 and then you can upgrade the agents using the packages via SDO.

4. Would not hurt to verify if you have a certificate issue  see technical document

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec557259.aspx

use cacertutil list -v to verify if you have duplicate anonymous certificates

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Joe

• 5.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Jul 28, 2015 09:59 AM

HI Sahaya,

Another thing to try to correct the issue on this Scalability server would be to issue and do the following

caf stop

rename the DSM\serverdb folder

camclose & cam start -c -l

caf start

Then see if this issue with the common server failure is resolved as I mentioned previously you should really upgrade as there have been many fixes and improvements to CA Client Automation 12.9 and enhancements you find useful.

Please let us know the status of your issue

Regards

Joe

• 6.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 04, 2015 09:22 AM

Sahaya can you let us know if you are still having the problem, or did any of the suggestions here help?

thanks,

Arron

• 7.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 04, 2015 09:41 AM

Hi Arron,

No luck, still the issue persists.

• 8.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 04, 2015 10:25 AM

Hello

I would open a support issue so we can look this over. As I mentioned it is best to upgrade asap off ITCM 12.5 and get to the latest version of the Software which is 12.9 . we would also during the course of the support issue check your %SERVERNAME%.his file and see if there are any available fixes at your current software level.

Thanks

Joe

• 9.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2015 05:11 AM

Hi Sahaya,

Maybe there is a problem with the default CAM parcel size.

Please could you check from DOMAIN ITCM if camping to the SS are working fine for different CAM size :

camping -s 8192 dam329w01

camping -s 4096 dam329w01

camping -s 2048 dam329w01

camping -s 1024 dam329w01

Are these 4 commands working fine ?

Regards,

Jean-Yves

• 10.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2015 05:15 AM

If it works for 1024 but not for 2048 you could configure CAM fragment_size to 1024 on ITCM DOMAIN by executing these commands :

camconfig fragment_size=1024

camsave explicit

Regards,

Jean-Yves

• 11.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 05, 2015 06:48 AM

hi Guiblet,

here is the response

C:\Users\dsm4>camping -s 8192 dam329w01

1:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 5695ms

2:  camping: TTL expired (2) Message returned: Network error

3:  camping: TTL expired (2) Message returned: Network error

4:  camping: TTL expired (2) Message returned: Network error

Sent 4, completed 1, packet size 8192 bytes.

Timed out 3 (75%) (detected: late discard return 0, late completion 0)

C:\Users\dsm4>camping -s 4096 dam329w01

1:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 102ms

2:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 102ms

3:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 109ms

4:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 101ms

Sent 4, completed 4, packet size 4096 bytes.

Round-trip (ms) min/ave/max = 101.0/103.5/109.0.

C:\Users\dsm4>camping -s 2048 dam329w01

1:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 421ms

2:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 479ms

3:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 199ms

4:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 64ms

Sent 4, completed 4, packet size 2048 bytes.

Round-trip (ms) min/ave/max = 64.0/290.8/479.0.

C:\Users\dsm4>camping -s 1024 dam329w01

1:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 47ms

2:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 85ms

3:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 43ms

4:  reply from dam329w01, rtt 43ms

Sent 4, completed 4, packet size 1024 bytes.

Round-trip (ms) min/ave/max = 43.0/54.5/85.0.

• 12.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2015 08:02 AM

Hi Sahaya,

camping is working with parcel size 4096 bytes but not with 8192.

In this case I suggest you to execute this on the ITCM DOMAIN  in order to set the CAM fragment_size to 4096 bytes :

camconfig fragment_size=4096

camsave explicit

Is it solving the collect SS problems ?

Regards,

Jean-Yves

• 13.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 07, 2015 05:30 PM

Hi

I was wondering if the advice to set the fragment_size=4096 helped the collect issues ?

please advise how this went

Thanks

Joe

• 14.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 03:24 AM

Hi Sahaya,

Can you share with us when does the collecting issues started?

Regards,

Ferdaus

• 15.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 03:34 AM

Hi,    

The server was moved from Hyper v to Vmware platform. From that moment, I am facing this collecting issue.

• 16.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 03:35 AM

Hi,

That did not help. I am facing the same issue still

• 17.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 03:48 AM

Hi,

Was the moved from Hyper V to VMware platform for all 30 SS including the domain manager?

If the DM wasn't moved, are there any SS working fine?

Regards,

Ferdaus

• 18.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 03:53 AM

SS were not moved to VMWARE. Only DSM was move to VMWARE.

• 19.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 04:29 AM

Hi,

Have you  try to re-register the SS to the DM?

On the DM, does the built-in SS collection working fine?

Try checking CAM of 1 SS by executing camstat on the SS itself.

I suspect there could be a Duplicate SS on the DM, try checking it under control panel.

Regards,

Ferdaus

• 20.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 04:41 AM

Hi,    

In system engine, I find duplicate DM. This was generated when moving from HYPER V to VMWARE.

If it is SS, There is no issue in deleting and registering it back. But i don't think in case of DM.

• 21.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 04:48 AM

Hi,

The DM has a built-in SS, you need to delete one of the DM SS which are outdated under Control Panel look for scalability server.

Perform caf register after the deletion.

I will check the location under control panel and update you.

Regards,

Ferdaus

• 22.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 04:54 AM

Hi,

Under Control Panel > Scalability Server > All Scalability Servers, you should see the Duplicate Server name of your DM.

Delete the Server which has out dated  last collection date.

Go to the System Engine to check again.

Regards,

Ferdaus

• 23.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 04:56 AM

Hi,

yes, you are correct but which one to be considered as duplicate. previously I have deleted the newly created one. but next day, same got created again. I suspect that the deleting the old one will impact the sclabilities.

• 24.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 04:58 AM

Hi,

Here both the SS are collecting, They are upto date

• 25.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 13, 2015 05:08 AM

Hi,

Since both are collecting, delete the oldest date created.

• 26.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2015 06:10 AM

Hi

How are you getting on with this?

Can we be of further help?

regards

Rich

• 27.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 19, 2015 06:27 AM

hi,

I am still facing the same issue, Some scalablities are given me error like "Unable to open the server". These scalabilies cam does not ping from server, I checked for all fragment sizes, The cam is not pinging. What might be the issue, Should I need to open any port? What are the ports needed to be kept opened, I guess that there is some issue in accessing the ports.

• 28.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2015 07:02 AM

for CAM you need port the following ports open bi-directionally

UDP

TCP

I think at this point you should raise a support case so we can assist you in greater depth. There seem to be some fundamental issues which we need to resolve.

regards

Rich

• 29.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Posted Aug 19, 2015 06:31 AM

And Another error, I am getting on most of the scalabilies "common server collect failed". I am receiving this error on the engine. I seem two build in ss in system engine. Mr.mm185183 advised me to delete the old build in ss. Deleting the duplicate build in ss is safe? what is the impact going to be?

• 30.  Re: In ca it client manager. several scalability servers are not collecting the data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2015 05:55 AM

Hi

On the running scalability server run the commands
    caf setcomputername %computername%temp
    caf stop
    caf start

this will cause the name of the running SS to update and you can delete the other.

If you receive the message “This setting cannot be changed because it is controlled by DSM Policy” on Step 4 above you need to change this to locally managed in configuration policy.

• Create a new config policy that can be applied to all scalability servers
    • In this policy expand DSM\Agent
    • Right Click on "Use Operating system name for this agent" and choose "Setting" "Locally Managed"
    • Seal and apply this policy to your Scalability servers and you can now run the “caf setcomputername” command

Once you have identified and deleted the incorrect entry you can set the SS name back to the original value.

regards

Rich