CA Client Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

• 1.  Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 12:33 PM

Hi folks, i hope all of you are fine.

I made a query to associate it to a group.

The query is created using the option: Directory query.

I chose a folder from my active directory, and then saved that query with a specific OU.

The query is retrieving me the computers inside that OU, but, in the OU there's 310 computers, and the query from ITCM is showing off 304 computers. I checked one of that computers that is making the difference, for example, I see mycomputer-pc within the OU "Computers" in my AD, but mycomputer-pc is not present in my dynamic group associated with the query that I created.

Some idea about what is ocurring?

Also, mycomputer-pc was moved of OU "A" by our customer hours before move it to OU "Computers". Could the agent keep matching with it first OU?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 01:25 PM

Hi Oscar,

You may have to indeed wait until the agent re-registers or you can run the register command on

one as a test to see if that helps.

Thanks

Matt

• 3.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 02:00 PM

Hey Matt, thanks for your response.

My "history" is since the last wednesday really. I mean. We made the query since the last week. Nowdays we keep facing that problem.

Regards.

• 4.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 02:14 PM

Hi Oscar,

Ok let's see if we get input from others, if not you may want to open a case with the specific's

Thanks

Matt

• 5.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 02:53 PM

Hi Oscar,

So the discrepancy is 6 machines. See if you can identify one of the missing machines, and then see if it exists in the DSM GUI. If so, check the agent last run date. It is possible the 6 missing machines are powered off, have not checked in, or are not present in the DSM GUI.

thanks,

Arron

• 6.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 03:14 PM

Hi dudes.

@Matt, thanks, i'll be checking.

@Arron, Hi.. Yes i've identified one of those 6 machines. I've already checked if it is registered on the DSM and the machine is respoding my pings and caf pings. It is up. But, i don't understand if is a ITCM exception or if is a machine problem. The agent's last run was today, a few minutes ago. I run on it a caf register all too.

• 7.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Jul 28, 2015 03:48 PM

Thanks Oscar. I am thinking this is something on the Active Directory side, as with a Directory Query we are querying the AD directly. It is not information stored in the ITCM database.

• 8.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2015 04:49 PM

There is an engine task :  Default Directory Synchronization Job.

I would check to see what the last time that was run.

Also make sure your Directory Integration task is using the correct user and password combination.

• 9.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2015 04:00 PM

Hi Oscar,

ITCM Query uses the value in column directory_url of table ca_discovered_hardware to find in which OU the machine belongs to.

This column is updated by Engine job "Default Directory Synchronization Job".

If a machine is moved from one OU to another OU in AD, you should wait next execution of job "Default Directory Synchronization Job" by Engine in order to have the column directory_url updated in table ca_discovered_hardware.

And then execute again the ITCM query and check if it returns the correct result.

Regards,

Jean-Yves

• 10.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Jul 29, 2015 02:48 PM

Oscar did the suggestions from Gordon and Jean Yves help? They are correct about the 'Default Directory Synchronization' job.

thanks!

Arron

• 11.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Jul 30, 2015 10:06 AM

Hi dudes.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Let me check and test the recomendations.

Best Regards.

• 12.  Re: Directory query isn't retrieving all the OU's computers.

Posted Aug 04, 2015 01:17 PM

Hi, All,

I made a query in sql to check the directory_url of 2 computers, one with the problem and other with status ok and present in my dynamic group.

I saw that exist a different in both machine's columns.

So i checked the Directory Synchronization engine and saw that it's last execution was 2 month ago (I saw a light from the sky and heard an angelical's song in background)

the Directory Integration task they are using is ok.

I re evaluated again the group and shows the correct number. I'll be waiting that the engine of the Scalabiity collects the information from all the computers.

Thanks for your support, I overlooked, missed, ignored the Directory task at all. a little mistake.

Regards.