Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Java SDK code sample

Posted Jul 30, 2015 04:37 AM

Hi everyone !

We're trying to create a selfservice console to protect applications with Siteminder without any Siteminder Administrators action. It works well with Java SDK to create Domains, Realms, Rules etc...

Now I'm looking to create Federation Partnerships and Entities with Java SDK and I can't figure out how to do it with Java SDK. I looked into Java SDK and Federation SDK and I've found nothing to create/modify objects even in the code samples.

Do you guys have a sample of code to create/modify federation objects ? Or any clue on how to do this at least ? I'm kind of lost

Thank you !

• 2.  Re: Java SDK code sample

Posted Jul 30, 2015 08:53 PM

Have a look at the Java Doc for SiteMinder Java SDK and see if that helps :

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20SiteMinder%20r12%205-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/programming-reference/legacy-sm-java-sdk/index.html

This will list all the Objects that it supports via Java SDK.

• 3.  Re: Java SDK code sample

Posted Jul 31, 2015 03:18 AM

Hi Guyreg,

I am also from Axa-tech.

I already wrote a policy management in java.

Can you contact me ?

Ludovic Allegaert.

• 4.  Re: Java SDK code sample
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2015 09:33 AM

Unfortunately there are no Java APIs that contain functionality to create Federation Partnerships and Entities. I suggest you file an enhancement request on the Ideation Page. 

The Perl CLI has this functionality.  It is installed along with the Policy Server and includes sample code.

• 5.  Re: Java SDK code sample

Posted Aug 03, 2015 05:49 AM

Thanks for your help I have my answer

• 6.  Re: Java SDK code sample

Posted Aug 05, 2015 09:15 AM

Hi Guireg,

We have a requirement to protect applications with siteminder using Java SDK.I saw the post that you already have the code,which performs those actions.

Can you please pass on the code to "prasad2832006@gmail.com",so that we can take your code as reference one,to build our application.

Waiting for your email. Thanks in Advance.