Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

• 1.  I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

Posted Jul 31, 2015 10:51 AM

I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a process step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

• 2.  Re: I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2015 03:52 PM

Moved this to ppm queue

• 3.  Re: I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

Posted Aug 02, 2015 03:41 PM

MarkCasey77140488 wrote:

I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a process step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

Process progress can be viewed from under "organiser" - processes tab.

Also under organiser you'll find action items, I believe there you can find action items assigned to others.

You might want to look into a custom reporting solution which can help visualise these workflow better

• 4.  Re: I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 12:30 PM

Perhaps some clarification is needed.   We have a timesheet approval

process where 1 step requires approval from all the project managers for

whom the timesheet resource worked.  So if they worked on 3 different

projects, they could have up to 3 different project managers who need to

approve the timesheet before the status changes to Approved.  On the

process flow, I can see that it is on that step, but I need a way to tell

which PMs have approved and which ones haven't.   The process flowchart

only tells me it's awaiting PM approval, but I need to see the action

items themselves to know who has approved so far.   I don't see a way in

Organizer or Processes to see the specific related action items.

• 5.  Re: I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 03, 2015 12:48 PM

Dear Mark, MarkCasey77140488

Yes you can see what you are looking for.

You can navigate to the specific process instance from Administration via Admnistration > Processes > Initiated > Filter for your instance.

Click on the id of that instance. It will then open the Initiated Process Log

Click on the Parent Step Name that has the Action Item generated and you will then be able to see the list of people who have got the Action Item and the current status.

The window would appear something like this

ScreenHunter_743 Aug. 03 22.17.jpg

Hope this helps.

Regards

Nitin

• 6.  Re: I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 01:01 PM

Nitin,

This was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!!

Mark W. Casey

IT-PMO Manager, Americas

Schenker Logistics, a Division of Schenker, Inc.

469-644-5834 Cell

mark.casey@dbschenker.com

• 7.  Re: I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 01:11 PM

am glad that it helped.

Cheers.

-Nitin

• 8.  Re: I have Admin access to CA PPM.  I need to see where processes are, and sometimes a step may involved several people.  Is there a way that I can see the status of Action Items that are assigned to other people?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 11:30 AM

Yes, MarkCasey77140488 . Like Andy said, Home --> Personal --> Organizer is the place where you will get both of them. You have separate tabs for Action Items and Processes. And as you said that you are the System Administrator, then you should be able to see all the data that you are looking for.