DX NetOps

• 1.  SPECTRUM 10 - Thoughts on Stability?

Posted Jul 31, 2015 02:30 PM

With the upcoming End-of-Support for CABI 3.x - We're having to move up our timeline of upgrading from SPECTRUM 9.4.2.1 to SPECTRUM 10.0....

While I hate going right to any  X.0 release, I wanted to see what people's thoughts were on the stability of SPECTRUM 10 and any show stopper issues that may have been encountered.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: SPECTRUM 10 - Thoughts on Stability?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2015 10:41 AM

Does anybody have any real world experience to offer?  From a Support perspective 10.0 is doing real well.  No major stability cases have been opened...

I can give Matt my perspective but I'm sure Matt would rather hear from you all out there.

On the other hand...no news is good news 

• 3.  Re: SPECTRUM 10 - Thoughts on Stability?

Posted Oct 05, 2015 11:36 AM

Hi @ all,

I am interessted in this topic, too. Does anybody have any experience to offer? Is anybody running Spectrum 10 in a distributed and >10k device environement?

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: SPECTRUM 10 - Thoughts on Stability?

Posted Oct 06, 2015 03:40 PM

We upgraded to Spectrum 10 in late July and it has been stable with only minor issues.   The installation went smoothly, the major hurdle was the java8 requirement which wasn’t too much of an issue for us to overcome.

We have a distributed environment with 10K device being monitored by five pollers, a couple  of our pollers were running at 100% utilization while on 9.4, the key motivator for us to upgrade.  Because of the 64 bit architecture of Spectrum 10 those pollers are now running at 5-10% utilization.

Overall our Spectrum environment is more stable than before due to the new architecture.  We are in the process of analyzing our environment to decide what consolidation makes sense and how many pollers we can eliminate.

Troy

• 5.  Re: SPECTRUM 10 - Thoughts on Stability?

Posted Oct 07, 2015 02:52 AM

Hi Troy,

thanks for your feedback. That sounds really good!

Yes, we do see the same task to consolidate the pollers after the upgrade.

Has anybody else any experience regarding Spectrum10 in a 10k device environment?

Thanks,

André