Gen EDGE

• 1.  trying to create a CALL EXTERNAL action block using the CA Wiki example

Posted Jul 31, 2015 04:49 PM

I am trying to create a CALL EXTERNAL action block using the CA Wiki example.

Using the directions published here:

https://wiki.ca.com/display/GEN85/Call+External+Statement+in+Action+Diagram

After following all of the steps to this point, when I type
    in the WSDL URI and click Go:
    WSDL URI.bmp

This is the error I get.

proxy error 407.bmp

• 2.  Re: trying to create a CALL EXTERNAL action block using the CA Wiki example

Posted Jul 31, 2015 04:50 PM

Forgot to mention, I can open the WSDL URI in a browser window with no issues.

• 3.  Re: trying to create a CALL EXTERNAL action block using the CA Wiki example

Posted Aug 01, 2015 07:01 PM

That's strange.  I just tried it from home and the CALL EXTERNAL Web Service dialog showed a list of methods.  A quick Google search returned the following:

"A typical error that you will encounter is error 407 Proxy Authentication Required this means that the authentication has been denied because the user has no valid user account in the domain or that the password has been entered incorrectly." Microsoft ISA Troubleshooting guide.

But you'd think that if it worked from your browser it would work from the toolset as well.

• 4.  Re: trying to create a CALL EXTERNAL action block using the CA Wiki example
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2015 11:31 PM
      |   view attached

I can only recreate this problem if I add a proxy server that requires manual entering of credentials (I used Fiddler to do this in my attached example)

If you do not have manual credentials for your proxy it sounds like the Gen Toolset is not picking up the system proxy credentials when it does the HTTP GET for the URL.

If you download Fiddler and compare the connection success/failure from browser/Toolset it may help to diagnose root cause: http://www.telerik.com/fiddler

Attachment(s)

docx
    call_external_test.docx   541 KB 1 version