Clarity

• 1.  Where can I see the variances between allocations and actuals (other than the resource requisition portlet)?

Posted Jul 31, 2015 02:56 PM

Where can I see the variances between allocations and actuals at a global level (other than the resource requisition portlet)?

• 2.  Re: Where can I see the variances between allocations and actuals (other than the resource requisition portlet)?

Posted Jul 31, 2015 03:57 PM

Basically in many on the portlets which can display timescaled values you can choose or add both allocation and actuals. Eg. Resource wokrloads and weekly details. You can do that as a user in your personal view and you can put that on your person dashboard or on a custom tab on the overview page.

• 3.  Re: Where can I see the variances between allocations and actuals (other than the resource requisition portlet)?

Posted Aug 02, 2015 03:31 PM

How are you looking to roll this up? role, obs, resource?

There's quite a few good crystal reports in the solution pack, otherwise as urmas says most portlets off the  system providers can be configured to show both actuals and allocations.

• 4.  Re: Where can I see the variances between allocations and actuals (other than the resource requisition portlet)?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 12:35 PM

I'm only getting a partial picture.   I would like to be able to see, for

a given resource, all their allocations and all their actuals together,

and the overall variances.   So far what I've been able to find is a

listing of all the resource's allocations, and then, for each allocation,

the actuals and the variance.  But, if a resource worked on a project for

which they were not allocated, there are no actuals listed, and I need to

factor that into the total view of the resource's allocations vs. actuals.

• 5.  Re: Where can I see the variances between allocations and actuals (other than the resource requisition portlet)?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 03:11 PM

You say

But, if a resource worked on a project for which they were not allocated, there are no actuals listed

How is that possible? If a resource is not allocated to a project then that project or its tasks are not on the timesheet. So how are the actuals entered?

• 6.  Re: Where can I see the variances between allocations and actuals (other than the resource requisition portlet)?

Posted Aug 03, 2015 03:51 PM

Some individuals are added to the team at a zero allocation on

support-type projects since the assignments are so random and

unpredictable from one week to the next.  It is then possible for a

resource with zero allocation to enter time against the effort task.