Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Auto - deploy and auto - configure CA Layer7 components

Posted Aug 04, 2015 03:08 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am currently trying to automate the deployment(install + config) of CA Layer 7 components(gateway + policy manager) on a CentOS box. I have successfully installed a CA Layer7 installation of gateway but am struggling with automating the config. Do CA Layer7 components also have a answer file or a auto configure command like Oracle products do?

I did not find any publically available documentation on CA layer 7 auto install or config so would appreciate any recommendations from anyone with experience or any idea on how to achieve this with CA layer 7 components.

I don't want to use the virtual appliance as that would be straight-forward as everything is mainly pre-configured.

Regards,

Ashish

• 2.  Re: Auto - deploy and auto - configure CA Layer7 components

Posted Aug 05, 2015 11:00 AM

We are currently expanding out support for configuration management tool support for automatically provisioning and deploying Gateways. The current scope of support for automated provisioning is limited to the methodologies referenced in the documentation here: https://wiki.ca.com/display/GATEWAY84/Auto-Provision+a+Gateway