AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mismatched Checksum in ca sd 14.1 after schema modification

Question asked by Deepak.P on Aug 5, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 by KarenMatoke

Hi All,

 

We have installed r14.1 in our environment in Advanced Availability mode. We have added a column in our schema and we have followed the process mentioned in the wsp help guide("Publishing schema modification")

 

To highlight below are the steps followed:

 

1. Open wsp from background server(BG)

2. Make required changes(like adding column,table etc) in our schema.

3. Stop the BG services.

4. Run version control(pdm_server_control -v) in both the standby and BG server.

5. Start the services in the standby server.

6. Promote the Stanby server as BG server(pdm_server_control -b)

7. Run pdm_publish command in the BG server.

8. We get a prompt to press Yes/No : N is pressed.

9. Services on the original BG server is started

During this step it throws an error "....Error 1067...." and the services stop.

and in the BG server I could see below lines:

 

08/04 12:22:30.38 HBUSDPRDBG     pdm_rfbroker_nxd     7744 SIGNIFICANT  api_misc.c             585 Requesting shutdown of system. Reason (Server checksum mismatch)
08/04 12:22:30.40 HBUSDPRDBG     slump_nxd            6924 EXIT         server.c              2844 Slump_nxd was requested to shutdown. Check Prior log information.

 

And in the standby server I could see below lines:

08/04 12:22:37.02 HBUSDPRDBGSTD  pdm_rfbroker_nxd     6088 ERROR        ServerStatusMonitor.  1956 Unable to register server HBUSDPRDBG (17509) as checksum count 3 would exceed maximum of 2 (6 servers registered)
08/04 12:22:37.02 HBUSDPRDBGSTD  pdm_rfbroker_nxd     6088 SIGNIFICANT  ServerStatusMonitor.  1981 (checksum #1) STANDBY server HBUSDPRDBG (17509) has checksums ddict(369331099) Majic(1902224149) wsp.mods(2064242645)
08/04 12:22:37.02 HBUSDPRDBGSTD  pdm_rfbroker_nxd     6088 SIGNIFICANT  ServerStatusMonitor.  1981 (checksum #2) BACKGROUND server HBUSDPRDBGSTD (25257) has checksums ddict(3851676015) Majic(1902224149) wsp.mods(240266279)
08/04 12:22:37.02 HBUSDPRDBGSTD  pdm_rfbroker_nxd     6088 SIGNIFICANT  ServerStatusMonitor.  1981 (checksum #2) APPLICATION server HBUSDPRDAPP0 (25258) has checksums ddict(3851676015) Majic(1902224149) wsp.mods(240266279)
08/04 12:22:37.02 HBUSDPRDBGSTD  pdm_rfbroker_nxd     6088 SIGNIFICANT  ServerStatusMonitor.  1981 (checksum #2) APPLICATION server HBUSDPRDAPP2 (25260) has checksums ddict(3851676015) Majic(1902224149) wsp.mods(240266279)
08/04 12:22:37.02 HBUSDPRDBGSTD  pdm_rfbroker_nxd     6088 SIGNIFICANT  ServerStatusMonitor.  1981 (checksum #2) APPLICATION server HBUSDPRDAPP3 (25261) has checksums ddict(3851676015) Majic(1902224149) wsp.mods(240266279)
08/04 12:22:37.02 HBUSDPRDBGSTD  pdm_rfbroker_nxd     6088 SIGNIFICANT  ServerStatusMonitor.  1981 (checksum #3) APPLICATION server HBUSDPRDAPP4 (25262) has checksums ddict(3851676015) Majic(1691914376) wsp.mods(240266279)
08/04 12:22:37.02 HBUSDPRDBGSTD  pdm_rfbroker_nxd     6088 SIGNIFICANT  ServerStatusMonitor.  1981 (checksum #2) APPLICATION server HBUSDPRDAPP5 (25263) has checksums ddict(3851676015) Majic(1902224149) wsp.mods(240266279)

 

If the services are started again on the original BG server it seems to start properly without any issue however, I cannot find the schema changes in the ddict.sh and other files.

 

Checked in google but could n't find anything relevant. Please guide how to resolve this issue.

Outcomes