DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  webview homescreen - cannot view metrics

Posted Aug 11, 2015 05:02 AM

Hi All,

can you please tell me how i can allow access to the webview homescreen to each user?

we have defined mgmt modules (domain XY) with specific users (full action rights in the domain), but if the users log in, they get the next warning message on the homescreen: "cannot view metrics: You do not have the necessary permissions for some of the content on this page".

Guest (who belongs to SuperDomain) can see the homescreen.without this restriction, so i suppose it will be because of this.

thank you,

stefan

• 2.  Re: webview homescreen - cannot view metrics
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 11, 2015 05:59 PM

Hi Stefan,

Yes that's correct and working as designed for now.

Home page metrics require SuperDomain access as it pulls aggregated data for all agents across the EM, so for non-Super Domain access user above message will show up.

There is already a idea created to allow customization of Webview Home Tab so perhaps you can add this requirement to that as well so product management can review it for future releases.

Regards,

Kulbir.

• 3.  Re: webview homescreen - cannot view metrics

Posted Jul 25, 2018 10:13 AM

Hi KulbirNijjer, after 3 years, that behavior is still present on CA APM,

CA Released the 10.7 sp1 version with the functionality "Universes Domain", but forgot customize the Webview.

There is a Roadmap for WebView?

Regards

• 4.  Re: webview homescreen - cannot view metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 07:04 PM

Hi Juan,

Team Center where the Universes feature has been provided is now the main UI for APM and in 10.7 it also give access to the Metric Browser. However I agree that improvements in WebView features should still be considered.

The old Idea referred to in this thread was closed as not planned:WebView - Customize Home Page and Upgrading 

However there are later Ideas which cover the same feature which are still open here, so please vote up if you have not already done so:

CA APM 10.5 WebView Enhancements 

Customizable "Home" page in WebView 

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn