CA Client Automation

• 1.  Way to detect clients on domain with Software Delivery Agent 'Plugin is not enabled'.

Posted Aug 13, 2015 12:26 PM

We've recently done a platform upgrade from 12.5 > 12.9 that included deploying updated Software Delivery and Asset Management agents to clients. I've been catching a series of machines that are not triggering software jobs. Upon digging into it I'm finding many clients where the Agent Status for SD Status is 'Operational'.

agent status.png

Running Instant Diagnostics against the device will show the following.

CA ITCM Components.png

We have an asset job we can run to at the least enable the Software Delivery Agent. Would anybody know if there is a way to query clients to discover this data? 

• 2.  Re: Way to detect clients on domain with Software Delivery Agent 'Plugin is not enabled'.

Posted Aug 13, 2015 12:34 PM

A script or even a batch file to query and read the results of the command ‘caf query sdagent’ should be relatively easy to write:

C:\Windows\System32>caf status sdagent

CA DSM r12 Common Application Framework 12.8.1.100

Copyright (c) 2013 CA Technologies. All rights reserved.

Querying caf for status information...

• 3.  Re: Way to detect clients on domain with Software Delivery Agent 'Plugin is not enabled'.

Posted Aug 13, 2015 12:45 PM

Hi

You could run the caf getprop command to get the installed and enabled status of the sdagent plugin like this

caf getprop sdagent installed

caf getprop sdagent enabled

IF that comes back as not 1 which would mean its installed and enabled then you can run

caf setprop sdagent installed 1

caf setprop sdagent enabled 1

You can check the other plugins the same way

Hope this is helpful I am not sure of how you can locate these using a query but I will continue to check on this and post an update if I do

Thanks

Joe

• 4.  Re: Way to detect clients on domain with Software Delivery Agent 'Plugin is not enabled'.

Posted Aug 13, 2015 12:58 PM

Hi

OK I found a query that may help you track down sdagents that are not in the operational status I did this under queries , New , selected computers, general information, Software delivery, choose Status , and add = operational

then add the Boolean Operator NOT as follows so the query looks like this

NOT

(Status="Operational")

<eoq>

I got a list of computers where the sdagent wasn't in an operational state.

This may help you track down which agents are having issues

Thanks

Joe

• 5.  Re: Way to detect clients on domain with Software Delivery Agent 'Plugin is not enabled'.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2015 06:03 AM

Hi

Did any of the previous replies answer your query.

regards

Rich

• 6.  Re: Way to detect clients on domain with Software Delivery Agent 'Plugin is not enabled'.

Posted Aug 31, 2015 10:16 AM

Yup, this was all very helpful. We ended up just absorbing the issue and resolving as many as we can within our Software Jobs container and picking off clients not triggering software jobs.

Thanks!