Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Trial version of Layer 7?

Posted Aug 18, 2015 05:05 AM

Hi,

sorry I am new to CA API management products.

I'd like to download and play a bit with the product. Is there a trial version one can download?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Leif Bildoy Removed Categories for OAuth ToolKit and MAG

• 2.  Re: Trial version of Layer 7?

Posted Aug 18, 2015 08:35 PM

Do you have access to support portal, if not request for one. Once you have access to support portal you can download the files and you can request for a trial license.

• 3.  Re: Trial version of Layer 7?

Posted Aug 19, 2015 04:44 AM

Already tried. Does not work. There is a search form where you have to enter the product name. I tried "CA API...", "Gateway", "Layer7" etc. but got no results. Apparently is not downloadable.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Trial version of Layer 7?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2015 12:17 PM

Hi as1mov,

I apologize for the delay in replying to this thread. Here goes...

To get in on a trial of the product, kindly send an email to API-Support@ca.com requesting access to the Support Portal and let them know in the same email that you are hoping for a trial of the API Gateway (or API Portal; API Mobile Gateway; etc.). We have a dedicated queue for managing requests for licenses and Support Portal access, and they will be able to assist you from there. Alternatively, you may contact your CA Account Representative if you already have one from buying CA products previously, or contact API-Sales@ca.com letting them know you are interested and they will get back to you and take care of you from there. I would recommend that route if you want a little more information and to speak to someone about the product and how it can fit into your environment, otherwise just go the API-Support@ca.com route if you just want a trial to start with.

Once you are granted access to the Support Portal, you will want to go to the Downloads tab up top and then search or peruse the directory structure for the downloads you are wanting. For example, if you want the very latest API Gateway downloads as a virtual image (OVA file for VMware), then you can search for SSG_64bit_VirtualAppliance_v8.4.00.ova Content Pack and it should be the only result that comes up since it's the name of the file to download (it's essentially a zip file with a lot of contents inside of it for a complete package of information and required files).

I hope that helps point you in the right direction.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi

• 5.  RE: Re: Trial version of Layer 7?

Posted Jun 12, 2023 10:05 AM

These email address mentioned above gives an address not found.Any valid email id exists?

• 6.  RE: Re: Trial version of Layer 7?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2023 09:59 AM

Hello, Sandeep. The information presented by Dustin above is out of date. You will have to reach out to your local Broadcom sales team to request a trial license.

------------------------------
    Ben Urbanski
    Product Manager, API Gateway
    Layer7 API Management
    ------------------------------