Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM Tech Tip: Jaspersoft Studio License Expired

Posted Aug 19, 2015 06:53 AM

Hello community members,

I thought I would share some tips on how to install Jaspersoft Studio License if it expires within a month of installation.

Install Jaspersoft studio 5.6.1 using the default directory locations included in the install process.

To install the license for Jaspersoft, please install either the 32-bit or 64-bit version, launch Jaspersoft Studio and go to Help/License Manager and select "Install new license" and browse to the location of the "jasperserver.license" file.

Open Jaspersoft studio, note that the license type is 'Evaluation'

Go to help

Find the button called ‘install new license’.

Click on the same and point it to the license file which is provided and select ‘ok’

After Jaspersoft Studio License successfully installs, the license type should display ‘Commercial’     

Please feel free to use to solve your issues.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Tech Tip: Jaspersoft Studio License Expired

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2015 08:16 AM

Thanks fribe02 Berlinda

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Tech Tip: Jaspersoft Studio License Expired

Posted Aug 19, 2015 05:20 PM

Thanks for sharing this tip with the community Berlinda!

Berlinda Frimpong wrote:

Hello community members,

I thought I would share some tips on how to install Jaspersoft Studio License if it expires within a month of installation.

Install Jaspersoft studio 5.6.1 using the default directory locations included in the install process.

To install the license for Jaspersoft, please install either the 32-bit or 64-bit version, launch Jaspersoft Studio and go to Help/License Manager and select "Install new license" and browse to the location of the "jasperserver.license" file.

Open Jaspersoft studio, note that the license type is 'Evaluation'

Go to help

Find the button called ‘install new license’.

Click on the same and point it to the license file which is provided and select ‘ok’

After Jaspersoft Studio License successfully installs, the license type should display ‘Commercial’     

Please feel free to use to solve your issues.

• 4.  Re: CA PPM Tech Tip: Jaspersoft Studio License Expired

Posted Nov 24, 2016 07:02 AM

Hello,

I have installed this same exact version in September (2 months ago) and today the license expired already?!?! is this normal? I thought the licenses were not supposed to expire for Jaspersoft Studio... If I were to install on another server will I also get another 2 months only of license validity?

Many thanks.

• 5.  Re: CA PPM Tech Tip: Jaspersoft Studio License Expired

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2016 07:53 AM

Where ever you install the Jasper studio  you need to import the license once and then it wont ask for the same

• 6.  Re: CA PPM Tech Tip: Jaspersoft Studio License Expired

Posted Nov 24, 2016 08:21 AM

This is exactly why I am asking. I have installed it and always imported the license at various customers and never got this license expired message!!  should I try to desinstall and reinstall? Maybe also deleting folders and eventually some registry keys?

• 7.  Re: CA PPM Tech Tip: Jaspersoft Studio License Expired

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2016 08:25 AM

Not really, I would request you to log a support case and we will take a look in details. Uninstall could be easy solution but problem would be repetitive 

• 8.  Re: CA PPM Tech Tip: Jaspersoft Studio License Expired

Posted Nov 24, 2016 09:05 AM

I downloaded once again Jaspersoft 5.6.1 on another machine and copied over the Jaspersoft.license over to my PPM server. I then installed this license file and it solved my issue. I wonder what may have gone wrong?! Thanks in any case Suman

• 9.  Re: CA PPM Tech Tip: Jaspersoft Studio License Expired

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2016 01:34 AM

Thank you for the update