Plex 2E

• 1.  Cant connect to database from JAVA Client

Posted Aug 19, 2015 08:45 AM

I have been working succesfully connecting to a SQL server database using the SQL JNDI connection. Then all of a sudden i started to get the following error

[PLEX0104] Unable to find Location name for DefaultServer. Please check the entry in the properties file.

I am at a loss as nothing changed except for me adding JAR files to the classpath for reading Jboss JMS queues. I even undid all that to see if it was causing an issue.

Is there any way to confirm what settings are being used? I'm looking for some code to display exacty what it is getting from the properties file.

• 2.  Re: Cant connect to database from JAVA Client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2015 08:57 AM

It is possible that issue can occur because of wrong properties file being looked or SQL server not reachable.

if you have access to change the source code try adding print statements to view connection string and properties variables. also you can try enable DEBUG log level.

• 3.  Re: Cant connect to database from JAVA Client

Posted Aug 19, 2015 09:03 AM

I'm not a great JAVA developer, so pointers to how to view the connection string  and enable debug log level.

The SQL server is reachable its on my local machine, I even tried to connect to other databases that were also working, including Oracle and not one will connect now. I even changed DNS names to IP addresses

• 4.  Re: Cant connect to database from JAVA Client
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 20, 2015 09:17 AM

One of those things, uninstalled, plex, reinstalled it and everything working again.

• 5.  Re: Cant connect to database from JAVA Client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2015 04:33 PM

possible that JDK path details or JAR list might have caused the problem.