DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Alarm: "The queue ‘alarm_enrichment’ is *** MB. Check the hub configuration"

Posted Aug 20, 2015 03:41 AM

Dear All,

We are using the UIM/UMP of release 8.0.

The alarm console has an alarm of "The queue ‘alarm_enrichment’ is *** MB. Check the hub configuration".

Could any one  guide us, how can we handle the above alarm.

• 2.  Re: Alarm: "The queue ‘alarm_enrichment’ is *** MB. Check the hub configuration"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2015 04:02 AM

Hello. Suffian.

The alarm represents that there is X amount of data waiting to be subscribed by "alarm_enrichment" probe.

- If the size (in alarm context) just keeps increasing, alarm_enrichment probe is not subscribing it.

I'd recommend that you restart alarm_enrichment probe and see how it goes.

- If the size (in alarm context) up and down, alarm_enrichment probe is able to subscribe but it just does slowly, or the data is coming too much fast than alarm_enrichment probe can subscribe.

I'd recommend that you investigate if there is one or some robots sending too much alarms. If it is, stop it.

I'd also recommend that you investigate if there is I/O issue in storage because HUB queue data space is file.

<UIM folder>\hub\q\alarm_enrichment\*.sds is file for "alarm_enrichment" queue.

Please let me know anything else to help you.

Yu Ishitani

• 3.  Re: Alarm: "The queue ‘alarm_enrichment’ is *** MB. Check the hub configuration"

Posted Aug 20, 2015 06:21 AM

Thank you Yu Ishitani.

We have been restarted the 'alarm_enrichment' probe.There were no robots sending too much alarms.

The alarm enrichment .sds file is daily updated after some hour intervals.Now we cleared all alarms from the 'nas' probe.

• 4.  Re: Alarm: "The queue ‘alarm_enrichment’ is *** MB. Check the hub configuration"

Posted Aug 23, 2018 10:26 AM
    Hello Yu Ishittani  I have the same problem.   uim 8.5.1 sp alarm_enrichment version 9.0 nas version 9.0  Now restart the probe alarm_enrichment and keep growing

• 5.  Re: Alarm: "The queue ‘alarm_enrichment’ is *** MB. Check the hub configuration"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2018 10:07 PM

Hi, Thank you very much for reaching me out. Please try this !

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/alarmenrichment-probe-become-unresponsive/kb000004215

• 6.  Re: Alarm: "The queue ‘alarm_enrichment’ is *** MB. Check the hub configuration"

Posted Aug 27, 2018 01:09 PM
    hello Yu Ishitani Thanks for the information, add the keys in nas.cfg it seems that behaves normally
    you will be observing its behavior. Regards.