In the case of Test Case:
- No communication between Workstation and DBMS.
- If DevTest server (Simulator or Coordinator) can communicate with DBMS, test report is displayed in DevTest Console.
- I think that there is no need to communicate between Workstation and DBMS.
In the case of Test Suite:
- Communication between Workstation and DBMS.
- If DevTest server (Simulator or Coordinator) can communicate with DBMS, test report is not displayed in DevTest Console when Workstation can not communicate with DBMS.
In the test suite run, it is not described in the DevTest manual that Workstation communicates with DBMS.
Of course, when using DevTest Portal, I understand that there is no concern about communication with Workstation and DBMS.
I believe it is better that Workstation should not communicate with DBMS directly.
Because number of Workstation is often increasing or decreasing and there are many cases that it is difficult to change network policy.
I think that the all data required for creating the test report should be exchanged between DevTest Servers and DBMS.
What do you think about it?