Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Error: "Test the Web Service Using the soapUI Client Application Request " Exercise Lab 2-1 Gateway v8.1: Inst. and Config. 200

Posted Aug 25, 2015 09:58 AM

Hi,

I'm making "CA␣Layer␣7␣Gateway␣v8.1␣ Installation and Configuration 200"* course and I'm stuck at exercise Lab 2-1 from Lab Guide: Publish a SOAP Web Service. After publishing the SOAP service provided by them, they tell you to "Test the Web Service Using the soapUI Client Application Request ". Before continuing I'll say that all this belongs to a prepared virtual environment provided by the course. It consist of 3 virtual machines:

• 192.168.1.40: Virtual Desktop
    • 192.168.1.10: Gateway1
    • 192.168.1.30: Demo-Services (I quote:"The Demo Services VM hosts the back end services that the Gateway1 VM will use. Although  the Demo Services VM needs to be running, you will not be using this VM in the training. You  will only be using the Virtual Desktop and Gateway1 VM")

And the three machines are reachable and are well configured. Also the files or anything you need is contained in this machines. I carry on with the explanation of the problem.

Here I show you the view of soapUI displaying the Request code from PurchaseFlight:

soapUi-0.png

At some step they tell you to do this:

"12. Change the seat variable in the XML code from ? to: 1"

soapUi-1.png

Next they tell you to submit request to specified endpoint URL (clicking on green button under the title bar Request 1 windows). It is supposed to display this after clicking:

soapUi-2.png

But I don't get anything.

soapUi-3.png

Also tell you to do this:

"14. Next, you will test the request for PurchaseFlight to the back end web service through the  resolution path in the Gateway, which acts as a proxy service. To do this: 

a. Change the URL, port number, and resolution path to:

http://gateway1.l7tech.com:8080/lab2

b. Click Submit request to specified endpoint URL.

Confirm that the response with the same flight cost appears in the right pane. 

Note: Notice that reference number changes each time you send a request. 

c. Change the seat number to 2 and submit the request.

Confirm that the flight cost increases and the reference number changes.

d. Change the seat number to 3 and submit the request. 

Confirm that the request is invalid. This is because the data in the Demo Services VM is  limited to 1 or 2 seats only."

But this is what I get.

soapUi-4.png

How can be this happening when I didn't modified anything? What can I do? I'm quite noob with all these stuff. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Andrés-J. Cremades

* All information contained in this post comes from  CA. CA Layer 7 Gateway v8.1: Installation and Configuration 200 Lab Guide. CA/Gilmore. VitalBook file.

• 2.  Re: Error: "Test the Web Service Using the soapUI Client Application Request " Exercise Lab 2-1 Gateway v8.1: Inst. and Config. 200

Posted Aug 25, 2015 10:17 AM

Wait, I discovered now that I modified an important file but I don't remember if this fail was before or after modifying it. Does anybody know how can I get again a file provided by a course? I'll ask to the Education Center, if anybody knows another way please tell it to me.

Kind regards,

Andrés-J. Cremades

• 3.  Re: Error: "Test the Web Service Using the soapUI Client Application Request " Exercise Lab 2-1 Gateway v8.1: Inst. and Config. 200

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2015 11:07 AM

What was the file you had modified?

Also to help your troubleshooting you can increase verbosity of the errors in mainly two ways:

1. Add a Cluster-wide Property called soapfault.level and set the value to 4. The response you get inside SoapUI will now know what assertions in the policy are successful or fail, when you get an "Error in Assertion Processing".

soapfault.JPG

2. Go to View > Gateway Audit Events and look at the "Message was not processed: Error in Assertion Processing (601)" line, and then on the bottom tab that appears, click the "Associated Logs" pane for more details on this error.

audit.JPG

• 4.  Re: Error: "Test the Web Service Using the soapUI Client Application Request " Exercise Lab 2-1 Gateway v8.1: Inst. and Config. 200

Posted Dec 10, 2015 10:08 AM

Hello. Has this question been answered satisfactorily? If so then please take a moment to select the appropriate response as a helpful or correct answer. Thanks!

• 5.  Re: Error: "Test the Web Service Using the soapUI Client Application Request " Exercise Lab 2-1 Gateway v8.1: Inst. and Config. 200

Posted Jan 18, 2016 02:24 PM

I am having the same problem. when I tested in SOAP UI , I am seeing message was not processed , error in assertion (601) - vaweb1.voonair.local unavailable. Can anyone help