DX NetOps

• 1.  Watch OSPF Neighbor Change

Posted Aug 26, 2015 04:17 AM

Hi,

I would like to configure to configure Watch to poll for changes in OSPF neighbors. Traps traps in my case is not an option.

For example (configuring watch on Router Application) I would like to have alarm if neighbor disappears or new neighbor appliers.

I was able to configure watch if a neighbor Value changes but don’t know how to configure watch if a neighbor disappears (there nothing to watch so I don’t get alarms).

Ospf neighbors are in a list/table, is it possible to watch for changes in that list/table?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Watch OSPF Neighbor Change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2015 01:11 PM

I'm not sure how well this would work, but you could try creating a watch that logs the list/table, then create another watch that does a diff on the first watch.  If any of the values change, then it would trigger an alarm.

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: Watch OSPF Neighbor Change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2015 10:06 PM

I am think this could be easier using CLI script instead of SpectroWATCH. With CLI script we can use "./show attributes" command to get the ospfNbrState table entries and compare them to expected value. If any entry is missing then we can use "./create event" to raise event/alarm.

We can register the CLI script as a cron job (on Linux), or Task Scheduler (on Windows) so it runs periodically.

• 4.  Re: Watch OSPF Neighbor Change

Posted Sep 02, 2015 02:22 AM

Thanks for answers, Widjaja, I think your suggestion would work but it is work around and we would prefer configure everything from One Click.

Jason, I like your suggestion, but I have no idea how to create watch which logs list/table. Maybe someone can share some examples.

Thanks,

Aurimas

• 5.  Re: Watch OSPF Neighbor Change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2017 01:16 PM

Thanks for using the CA Community!  It looks like your question has been answered so we are closing this thread out.  If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us again.