Service Virtualization

• 1.  virtualize a service using an xml attribute and send the response..

Posted Aug 27, 2015 03:18 PM

I virtualized a web service where the arguments for the request message would be same but the attribute value will change. so based on the attribute value i need to send the response back for my virtual service.

Can any one help me??

• 2.  Re: virtualize a service using an xml attribute and send the response..

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:03 AM

You can include "Request Data Manager" data protocol handler to the stack of used data protocols during your recording. Inside this utility data handler, you can copy an attribute to an argument, thereby enabling its use as a piece of data to match against. At the same time, if the arguments are all static, you can use Request Data Manager to delete each of those, so they won't be used for matching logic.

• 3.  Re: virtualize a service using an xml attribute and send the response..

Posted Aug 28, 2015 12:00 PM

If you are talking about turning an XML attribute into an argument, this is turned off by default. Depending on what protocols you are using, you might want to set the lisa.magic.string.xml.tags property to true in your local.properties file, and restart DevTest. If this does not work, try adding the Generic XML Parser to your list of request DPHs, and select the XML attribute you want to target in the editor window. In either case, you will likely want to regenerate your Virtual Service to account for the new argument that will be created from the XML attribute(s).

Regards,

Ken

• 4.  Re: virtualize a service using an xml attribute and send the response..

Posted Sep 17, 2015 03:02 PM

Adding Generic XML Parser to the request, the problem got resolved.