AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Error in Running Application Server

Posted Aug 28, 2015 01:37 AM

Hi Team,

When I am giving the command as_server -A ACE, it is giving the following error:

as_server -A ACE.png

Kindly provide a solution for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 2.  Re: Error in Running Application Server

Posted Aug 28, 2015 01:42 AM

Hello,

Check you are using a 32 bit client.

Workload Automation AE is not working if you use an oracle 11g 64 bit client.

Regards

Thiery Thouvenot

• 3.  Re: Error in Running Application Server
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2015 01:50 AM

That is correct. WAAE requires a 32-bit Oracle client.

I recommend using the 11.2 Oracle Instant Client.

See this document for more details.

• 4.  Re: Error in Running Application Server

Posted Aug 28, 2015 04:26 AM

1) Please ensure that $ORACLE_HOME/lib is in the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

2) As Mark mentioned, a 32bit Oracle Client is required, and if the Oracle DB is on the same host, then ensure the 32bit path is ahead of the 64bit path for $ORACLE_HOME/lib in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

3) By default Oracle Client installation may not create the libclntsh.so symbolic click to the libclntsh.so.<major_ver>.<minor_ver>. You may have to create this by hand.

# ls -l /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/client_1/libclntsh.so*

lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle oinstall       17 Jul 30 13:36 /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/libclntsh.so -> libclntsh.so.11.2

-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 43022035 May 27  2013 /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1/libclntsh.so.11.2

Cheers,

Chandru

• 5.  Re: Error in Running Application Server

Posted Aug 28, 2015 05:06 AM

Hi Chandru,

Please clear this doubt. When I installed Oracle 11g Client on linux server, lib and bin folder were not present in the base directory. Even network/admin path wasn't there. I created it manually to store tnsnames.ora file. Here is the screenshot for your reference:

oracleclient.png

All the libraries and even sqlplus are in base directory instead of inside lib and bin directory respectively. So I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH accordingly. Is it ok to do so?

Best Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 6.  Re: Error in Running Application Server

Posted Aug 28, 2015 09:38 AM

The most common mistake is to install the 64-bit client. The 64 bit client will not work with AutoSys. Run the file command on libclntsh.so (which most likely points to a symlink). If it tells you its 64 bit, you know why its not working. You will need the 32 bit client. When you install the 32 bit client, make sure you install it with the OCI piece.

• 7.  Re: Error in Running Application Server

Posted Aug 29, 2015 07:48 PM

Yes it should be okay to set /home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1 in LD_LIBRARY_PATH as long as the Oracle client installed is 32bit.

• 8.  Re: Error in Running Application Server

Posted Aug 28, 2015 09:41 AM

or at the very least include the 32 bit libraries. ;-)