AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  CA AutoSys - Dump Box Data

Posted Aug 28, 2015 09:17 AM

When we dump the box data out of CA AutoSys we are getting the data by modification date.

Is there a way to dump the data for each box so that it is sorted by order of execution instead?

Linux

• 2.  Re: CA AutoSys - Dump Box Data

Posted Oct 13, 2015 09:33 AM

I don't think there is a way and since a job could be dependent on several jobs and predecessing several others, and sometimes even might be 'discarded' from the flow, I can't see how such an output from jil would look like?

• 3.  Re: CA AutoSys - Dump Box Data
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 13, 2015 09:41 AM

I have to agree with Lars. When I work at a job site and train everyone. I try to get them to make sure that the boxes are loaded in whatever run order they is pleasing to their eye. because of the output from autorep etc.

WCC flow and JAWS flow representations are different animals and that is fine. at the end of the day. when you extract a box you usually want the box and all the children. if you want them in some order then you need to jil them in that order. this is what the joid each job is given , is actually for..

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

• 4.  Re: CA AutoSys - Dump Box Data

Posted Oct 14, 2015 04:56 AM

I dont see why autorep shouldn't at least offer different sorting options on the output, such as execution/last run/machine/owner/whatever.  The default behaviour can be as it is today, with additional sort options invoked via an additional switch.