Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Patching from R1251 to R1252

Posted Aug 28, 2015 10:44 AM

Hello , I would like to patch my policy server from R1251 to R1252. Does any one know if I have to follow the entire upgrade process(Support says 'Yes' but I am skeptical) defined in :

CA SiteMinder® Integrated Documents 12.52

It is a bit extreme if I have to export and import policies after each release.

Can anyone help me what is the patch management cycle from CA? how they release QMR/CR/SP and the installation procedures for each of these. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Patching from R1251 to R1252
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2015 01:34 AM

Hi SamWalker

Try check on following fix strategy. It gave you a table shown in page 2 which quarter the SP/CR will release.

SAP Portal Services

For policy server upgrade, I don't have much concern on the binary upgrade. Most of the time policy store is causing an issue during upgrade. Therefore, export the policies (is:xpsexport) before the upgrade is always good practise. In addition, if you can have LDAP/Database (depends your policy store on LDAP or DB) administrator to backup the instance from LDAP or Database level is even better because it helps to rollback quickly should any issue happen during the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Kar Meng