Harvest

• 1.  I want to change the hsync switches during the hrefresh process.

Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:10 PM

Is there any way to change the default switches used by hsync during the hrefresh process? I'm running into the issue where unmerged branch files are being ignored during the hrefresh process. I'm hoping there is a way to change the default switches used.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: I want to change the hsync switches during the hrefresh process.

Posted Aug 31, 2015 11:13 AM

Hello.

Maybe you are using the -to (trunk only) switch.

I think that if you use the -tb (trunk and branch) switch the unmerged files will not be ignored.

These can be set when you configure the hsync command (when using CLI) or function (when using the API).

Best regards,

Ricardo Bernardino

• 3.  Re: I want to change the hsync switches during the hrefresh process.

Posted Aug 31, 2015 12:49 PM

What I'm referring to is during the Hrefresh process. I know how to use the switches you are referring to when I use the Hsync command line. But by default the Hrefresh (which calls Hsync in the background) doesn't allow the unmerged files to be picked up. If you run the Hrefresh process and look at the log created you will see where it calls Hsync. I want to know where or how to change the switches used by default for the hsync process when the hrefresh process is executed.

• 4.  Re: I want to change the hsync switches during the hrefresh process.

Posted Sep 01, 2015 07:25 AM

Hello, Chadab.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to change that switches and I think that is no possible out of the box.

The only switches I know how to change are the ones on the Checkout (filters and trunk/branch flags) and HSync (trunk/branch flags) processes and (I think) you can't configure those switches back on HRefresh.

Does anyone know how to help Chadab?

Best Regards,

Ricardo Bernardino

• 5.  Re: I want to change the hsync switches during the hrefresh process.

Posted Sep 01, 2015 11:36 AM

Hello,

You must use hsync to synchonize reference directories. But you cannot use hrefresh in an usual way. You can create a script or program to issue hsync command in order to refresh branch versions.

Best regards,

Tania Moreno

eSoft 2006

Caracas, Venezuela

• 6.  Re: I want to change the hsync switches during the hrefresh process.

Community Manager
    Posted Sep 17, 2015 02:27 PM

Did Tania's answer help you, Chad? Let us know!