Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:19 PM

My install is failing basically,

SQL> GRANT SELECT on ujo_chase to ujoadmin;

GRANT SELECT on ujo_chase to ujoadmin

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01917: user or role 'UJOADMIN' does not exist

I have got 32 oracle client.

I see the table have been created

What is the ujoadmin Oracle id for?  It was not in the documentation at all.

• 2.  Re: AutoSys AE install failed on ujoadmin user does not exist

Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:39 PM

akbar it is the DBO. when you do the install you need to use the database SA id first time. so it can create the proper IDs .. etc. Just like always.. in 11.0 it was called mdbadmin i believe.. now its ujo.. it all gets created during create of the tables.. check further up. perhaps the ID you used didn't have permissions to create..

good luck.

• 3.  Re: AutoSys AE install failed on ujoadmin user does not exist

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2015 10:29 AM

Hi Akbar,

I'd recommend having your DBA clean up any and all failed attempts to create the AEDB (drop any tablespaces that may have been created and any users associated with the AEDB).

First, run the waae_oracle.sql script within the $AUTOSYS/dbobj/ORA directory (or %AUTOSYS%\dbobj\ORA directory). This creates the users and tablespaces for the AEDB. Then run the CreateAEDB.pl script to create the tables for Autosys.

Make sure the DB user that you're using to create the AEDB has the following permissions:

GRANT DBA TO <user>;

GRANT CREATE SESSION TO <user>;

GRANT SELECT ON "SYS"."DBA_TABLESPACES" TO <user> WITH GRANT OPTION;

Thanks, Jameela

• 4.  Re: AutoSys AE install failed on ujoadmin user does not exist
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2015 03:24 PM

If you are installing 11.3.6 sp2, then you have to do the following which is not in documents:

* Uninstall the current install (Complete >> Including DB and users along with Schema)

* Have your Oracle DBA to run the waae_oracle.sql script to get the users and required roles created.

* Then, Run the setup

• 5.  Re: AutoSys AE install failed on ujoadmin user does not exist

Posted Sep 01, 2015 07:54 PM

* Uninstall the current install (Complete >> Including DB and users along with Schema)

Shouldn't be necessary unless the DB got completely hosed. You were trying an in-place upgrade? What version of AutoSys was the "current install"?

* Have your Oracle DBA to run the waae_oracle.sql script to get the users and required roles created.

Installer runs waae_oracle.sql for us. We shouldn't have to run this manually, unless the DB user id used for the install does not have appropriate privileges.

* Then, Run the setup

• 6.  Re: AutoSys AE install failed on ujoadmin user does not exist

Posted Sep 21, 2017 03:33 PM

Chandru,

Where does the installer call waae_oracle.sql?  I'm trying to install 11.3.6 on Linux and right now it is failing doing the database test.  The error is invalid name and password for the sqlplus test, but so far I have not been prompted to enter the username/password information.

• 7.  Re: AutoSys AE install failed on ujoadmin user does not exist

Posted Sep 21, 2017 05:28 PM

Hi,

UJOADMIN is a role in Oracle AEDB, not a user.

At what stage does the installer error out?

Is this a fresh install or upgrade?

Thanks & Regards,

Chandru

CA Technologies