AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Component Dictionary

Posted Aug 28, 2015 02:44 PM

This is a request for documentation on:

1. A simple listing of ALL the "oscomponent" parameters and their functionality.

Justification: the oscomponent parameters are responsible for various types of functionality and what is available on the Wiki is not all-encompassing

2. A regex compendium for EEM that translates the EEM attributes/policies to regex format.

Justification: Going beyond the basic EEM configuration, demands a knowledge of regex and the subsequent translation of the EEM artifacts to regex.

Can this be made readily available so that the Customer cam more easily use EEM to better effect?

Will appreciate if someone can point me to a Wiki location that has comprehensive information on the above items.

Thanks

Chris

• 2.  Re: Component Dictionary

Posted Aug 28, 2015 07:37 PM

As far as Regex in EEM.... This is a link to a very good explanation of the functions available to filters in EEM.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec597831.aspx?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1

For regex support EEM uses a PCRE library.  The PCRE library implements PERL regular expressions.  The level of PERL REGEX will depend on the level of the PCRE library.  I have used several PERL features (for instance, non capturing parens, ignore case, non consuming assertions).

• 3.  Re: Component Dictionary

Posted Sep 04, 2015 10:22 AM

The wiki and pdf for oscomponent is lacking a bit and i think needs to be a bit more detailed.

especially for impact. I know one off the top..  the threshold one for dbproc job type. needs to be 0 and not 5

otherwise it fails subsequent calls. only because i opened a ticket did we find this out..

I think the agentparm needs to delineate the diff between AE and the rest because the needs of AE are vastly different than the other schedulers in the suite.

just my 3 cents

• 4.  Re: Component Dictionary

Posted Sep 04, 2015 10:48 AM

Having a list of component parameters that are helpful for AE would be extremely valuable. I'd love to see this added to the reference guide as an appendix or somewhere similar.