DX NetOps

• 1.  How to install Spectrum 10 in Linux?

Posted Aug 28, 2015 02:53 PM

I need to install Spectrum 10 in an FT environment for about 300.000 models. And I'll be installing Spectrum and OneClick in the same server, so the sizing gives me 1 SS+OC and 1 SSFT+OCFT. The thing is that the installation guide is not clear on how an installation in Linux should be executed. It indicates to run sdiclinux.exe -h myhiifile -p mypassfile and I get a "The system cannot execute the specified program" message in my workstation machine. On the other hand, if I execute the ./install.bin directly from the Linux server in which I want to insall SS+OC, I get to extract the JRE package but then it says this:

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console, and Silent.

So, what is the correct procedure to make this installation?

• 2.  Re: How to install Spectrum 10 in Linux?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2015 12:55 AM

Hi,

Refer to https://communities.ca.com/message/241804204#241804204 for the 'Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported' issue.

• 3.  Re: How to install Spectrum 10 in Linux?

Posted Aug 31, 2015 11:33 AM

Eliote, the first command you are using is executing the distributed installer. This is an install which runs silently based on two input files that you configure.

For a simple install of just a few servers (4 from the looks of it), you can easily use the gui installer. However you're getting those error messages due to an X11 environment issue, or you're not running an SSH client that can port X11 sessions to your desktop. You definitely want to look at the Linux system requirements and install all of the necessary packages (libraries). Then make sure you can export the display and run a simple test like "xclock" to validate your display environment.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

• 4.  Re: How to install Spectrum 10 in Linux?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2015 09:31 AM

Hello Eliote,

For situations like these, if the above points don't work, i would strongly recommend talking to support - that would be the best way

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 5.  Re: How to install Spectrum 10 in Linux?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2015 01:49 PM

Yes, you're right. I was having problems with the X server. There were two RPM packages missing (libXi.i686 and libXtst.i686) and I had to install GNOME too, but I was also having some other problems. I tried installing Spectrum using MobaXterm (an application which I can use to connect to server using different methods, like RDP, SSH, Telnet, X server, and so on). If I executed the "installer" from the GUI with the user spectrum as non-root, the window came up but then I was warned about having to execute this as root. But when I tried to execute the installer with the user "spectrum" as root from the terminal, I received an error stating that there has been an error when opening the display. The only I could finally install Spectrum was executing the installer from the terminal in the GUI mode with the user spectrum as root, from the VMWare console.

On the other hand, I just opened a ticket because I'm not finding the way to configure the second server as FT because I get errors when trying to load the backuped up db from the primary SS and some other errors.