IDMS

• 1.  2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

Posted Aug 30, 2015 10:38 PM

2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

The IUA/EIUA and CA have started planning the 2016 IUA Workshop. We have been reviewing past workshop sessions to develop a list of suggested session ideas for 2016. Now we’re turning it over to the IUA/EIUA Community Members to have your say in the final agenda. Please let us know now what you think of our very early ideas for the 2016 Workshop Agenda:

• What do you think of the list so far?
    • Are there other sessions which you would like to see that are not listed?
    • Would you like to present one of the listed sessions?
    • Do you have a user story that you would like to present in a session?
      • Best practices for DBA’s or Applications Development

• Unusual or interesting uses of CA IDMs technology
      • Tools and utilities that you have developed to something “out of the ordinary”
      • For example – from a recent discussion thread -  SQL Procedures – “how to for developers” and “what for” from an application design point of view (why, what functionality was replaced, what other tools were considered)

We have another workshop planning meeting at the end of September – so please get your thoughts and suggestions posted in reply to this discussion so that we can include community input straight into the planning process.

If you want to really get involved, download one or the other of the attached spreadsheets and use the “tick boxes” in the IUA~2016 ~Session~SuggestionsTicYesNo spreadsheet (macro enabled), or just type Yes/No in the IUA~2016 ~Session~Suggestions spreadsheet (no macros) – then e-mail them to me at gary@cherlet.com – I will collate your input and get this information to the committee for our next planning meeting!

Please note that we really need your feedback by Sept 19th to be in time for our next planning session on Sept 22nd! Thanks in advance – cheers – GaryC - for the planning committee.

Gary Cherlet

IDMS User Association

Vice Chair

• 2.  Re: 2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

Posted Aug 30, 2015 11:07 PM
      |   view attached

Are there spreadsheets attached? I didn’t see any!

Chris hoelscher

Technology Architect

Database Infrastructure Services

Technology Solution Services

123 East Main Street

Louisville, KY 40202

choelscher@humana.com<mailto:choelscher@humana.com>

Humana.com

(502) 714-8615

(502) 476-2538

• 3.  Re: 2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

Posted Aug 30, 2015 11:29 PM

Chris,

The spreadsheets show up when you click on “View the Full Discussion”

They are in *.xlsm and *.xlsx format

Regards,

Paul Mak

• 4.  Re: 2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2015 11:15 AM

You guys have come up with some great suggestions, Gary! Thanks for all the work on this.

• 5.  Re: 2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

Posted Aug 31, 2015 01:48 PM
      |   view attached

I have one question – on the suggested topic “potential partner selection” – shouldn’t we just use match.com or eHarmony.com?

Chris hoelscher

Technology Architect

Database Infrastructure Services

Technology Solution Services

123 East Main Street

Louisville, KY 40202

choelscher@humana.com<mailto:choelscher@humana.com>

Humana.com

(502) 714-8615

(502) 476-2538

• 6.  Re: 2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

Posted Sep 01, 2015 10:06 AM

Are there anyone who do "hot backups", I would like to see a session on that, either a how-to or user experiences.

• 7.  Re: 2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

Posted Sep 11, 2015 09:43 AM

We've started getting some spreadsheets sent back with preferences indicated - AND - even better - some people have already offered to lead some of the sessions. Thanks to those who have taken the time to provide this feedback - and a reminder for others that there's still 2 weeks before our next planning meeting  (September 29th)!

Don't be bashful - please tell us what you would like to see at the next Technical Conference! Thanks - cheers - GaryC

• 8.  Re: 2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

Posted Sep 18, 2015 06:30 PM

hey - I did not mention this the first time, but in the past there has been interest in a z/IIP presentation - please consider adding this presentation to your list - yes I would present if requested

• 9.  Re: 2016 IUA/CA IDMS™ Technical Conference Session Planning

Posted Sep 24, 2015 03:22 PM

I'm collating responses to this survey of IUA/EIUA Member input to the content for the 2016 Tech Conference(s) this weekend - in time for our planning meeting next week. Most of the members of the planning committee already know most of the stuff in one, the other or both of the DBA and Application tracks - so we are not building the session content around the planning committee needs.

We are trying to build the conference up to meet your needs  - so please help us by sending in your thoughts on what has been suggested already, and please do add in any ideas for things that we have not already thought of suggesting. There is no requirement to use one of spreadsheets for feedback - please just send us your feedback on what you would like to see included in the 2016 Tech Conference!

Thanks for your help - take care - cheers - GaryC