CA Client Automation

• 1.  Issues w/ Publish Software in Catalog Wizard to User Based Assignments

Posted Aug 31, 2015 10:14 AM

CA ITCM 12.9 environment. Working on making some of our Software Packages based off user entitlement orderable though the Software Delivery Catalog. In our environment device assignment I can get to work and I can publish software to all clients. Issue is user assignment does not work.

This is the DSM Properties of an example device from our environment showing domain\user

Untitled.png

Here is an example of a software package with the procedures catalog enabled we wish to have available though the Software Delivery Catalog.

2.png

This is an example of how our User Entitlements are tracked doing domain/user.

1.png

I've been following the documentation at Software Delivery Administration Guide -Using Software Delivery › Using the Software Package Library › Defining Catalog Groups Been primarily trying right clicking on a software package and running though 'Publish in Catalog...' wizard then pointing it to the Users group that looks like the above.

Can anybody think of what I'm doing wrong or have any tips?

• 2.  Re: Issues w/ Publish Software in Catalog Wizard to User Based Assignments
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2015 10:28 AM

You cannot deliver software packages to user ACCOUNTS. To do this you have to enable user PROFILES, then you can deliver packages to the PROFILE, which is a combination of the user ID on a particular machine. To set this up, see chapter 5 of the Software Delivery Admin guide (Page 35 of the 12.9 guide). You can use queries to make sure each profile for a particular user account is added to the catalog group.

Be aware this will use additional disk space in your database.

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Principal Services Consultant

Tel: +1-731-676-4223

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com

<mailto:Stephen.McCormick@ca.com>

• 3.  Re: Issues w/ Publish Software in Catalog Wizard to User Based Assignments

Posted Aug 31, 2015 10:54 AM

"If the agent is configured to register User Profiles, the Software Catalog offers the user to install software for their own personal usage".

Most of our software is User Account entitled but we do have User Profiles enabled. Makes sense now. Thank you very much for clearing this up. I'll do some skunk works on the query suggestion and see if it will work for in a limited case.

Thanks!

Wesley

• 4.  Re: Issues w/ Publish Software in Catalog Wizard to User Based Assignments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2015 06:28 AM

Hi

I wrote TEC424335 a few years ago to address this requirement.

Regards

Rich