IT Process Automation

• 1.  CA PAM JDBC Driver Could Not Establish a Secure Connection

Posted Aug 31, 2015 04:30 PM

I am attempting to use PAM to connect to a SQL Database to execute a simple SQL command and return a value.  Each time I attempt to run this, I'm getting the error below:

Could not connect to the database;  - url=jdbc:sqlserver://*********.****.org:1433;DatabaseName=mdb - The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "Unsupported curve: 1.2.840.10045.3.1.7".

I've done some research on this and can't seem to find what's causing the issue.  Can anyone help here?

• 2.  Re: CA PAM JDBC Driver Could Not Establish a Secure Connection

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2015 08:57 AM

What version of PAM and what version of the JDK are you using in this environment?  Searching google for this error mentions the JDK version as a possible problem.

• 3.  Re: CA PAM JDBC Driver Could Not Establish a Secure Connection

Posted Sep 01, 2015 09:26 AM

Andrew,

I was reading that as a potential cause to the problem as well.  I'm on PAM 4.2.2 (Or whichever the last one was before 3 came out) and I'm using JDK 1.8.0_45.  I'm not sure how I go about telling PAM to use another version of Java that I have installed on my system so I can troubleshoot this.  Any suggestions?

Kenny

• 4.  Re: CA PAM JDBC Driver Could Not Establish a Secure Connection
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2015 09:36 AM

Ah.  PAM 4.2 actually doesn't support JDK 1.8.  Sounds like you got it installed with 1.8 which surprises me, but regardless it was not certified with 1.8 so there could certainly be potential problems. Here is a link to the install guide about what is supported:

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20Process%20Automation%2004%202%2002-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/PDF/pam_install_enu.pdf

To change the JDK version you can follow the following doc:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec590420.aspx

You can skip the parts related to 64-bit changes (wrapper_64 versus wrapper_32)

• 5.  Re: CA PAM JDBC Driver Could Not Establish a Secure Connection

Posted Sep 01, 2015 09:41 AM

That explains a lot.  I'm confused how we were able to get that installed as well.  I'll update my version and PAM and let you know the results.  Thanks for assisting on this!