Clarity

• 1.  Reports and Portlets with info from Project and Status objects (if available)

Posted Sep 02, 2015 12:13 AM

We'd like to have reports / portlets showing attributes from the project object, and if the status object is available, show certain attributes  (e.g. list of selected project, and if status report is present, show the status "explaination" fields.  One thought was to create a process to copy attributes from the status report to a "redundant" field in the project objects when updates occur, but haven't found a way to copy data.  Another thought would be to create a new attribute in project, query the field in status report object.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2.  Re: Reports and Portlets with info from Project and Status objects (if available)

Posted Sep 02, 2015 01:20 AM

Which version of Clarity are you on ?

NJ

• 3.  Re: Reports and Portlets with info from Project and Status objects (if available)

Posted Sep 02, 2015 01:23 AM

In 13.3 / 14.2, I can see the following -

Project Status Detail (CSP)

Project Status Report List (CSP)

Project Status Summary (CSP)

NJ

• 4.  Re: Reports and Portlets with info from Project and Status objects (if available)

Posted Sep 02, 2015 01:24 AM

You can check these as well -

Dashboard: Project Status Indicators Multi-line - Oracle

http://regoxchange.com/show/93/

Program Dashboard: Sub-Project Status - Oracle

http://regoxchange.com/show/661/

NJ

• 5.  Re: Reports and Portlets with info from Project and Status objects (if available)

Posted Sep 02, 2015 09:14 AM

Hosted solution version 14.2.0.237. I can report on project WITH status report.  Challenge is I'd like to report a certain set of projects, some will have status reports, some will not.  I think the portlets / queries regarding status only show if there's a status report.  Looking for something like this:

Capture.JPG

• 6.  Re: Reports and Portlets with info from Project and Status objects (if available)
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 02, 2015 01:57 PM

I don't believe theres anything out of the box that does this, you'd need to write a new NSQL query that LEFT OUTER JOINs on the project.id=status.id (whatever they are, don't remember off the top of my head) and create a portlet from it. The "Dashboard: Project Status Indicators Multi-line " NJ linked above should give an idea of what fields to use and how to select the most recent status report specifically, which can be annoying to figure out on your own (believe me)

• 7.  Re: Reports and Portlets with info from Project and Status objects (if available)

Posted Sep 02, 2015 02:11 PM

Thank you - seems that it would be a standard use-case but guess not.  We'll investigate the NSQL.  Thank you.