Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

• 1.  Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Posted Sep 02, 2015 07:38 AM
      |   view attached

Hi

Steps followed during installation:-

1. Installed Java JDK 1.7.0_67, JAVA_HOME variable is set and with the PATH environment variable contains the JAVA_HOME\bin location.

2. Copied Tomcat folder to local drive and ensured Tomcat is not running before the installation starts.

3. I have the DWH Database ready.

4. Now, I ran the install.bat using run as administrator with the following inputs below :-

App Server Location                  = D:\apache-tomcat-7.0.55

Database Type                             = Oracle

Database Hostname                    = claritt2.db.XXXXXXX.net

Database Port                            = 1521

Jaspersoft Database Username    = PPM_JASPERSOFT

Jaspersoft web app Name              = reportservice

Jaspersoft Install Mode              = standalone

and getting the following errors in sequence:-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[advanced-sql] 0 rows affected

[advanced-sql] Executing resource: C:\JS_Server\buildomatic\install_resources\sql\oracle\quartz.ddl

[advanced-sql] Failed to execute:   create sequence hibernate_sequence

[advanced-sql] java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00955: the name is already used by an existing object

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[java] Resource name: applicationContext-virtual-data-source.xml

[java] Error starting heartbeat. Error was: error setting options

[java] java.net.SocketException: error setting options

[java]  at java.net.TwoStacksPlainDatagramSocketImpl.join(Native Method)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUILD FAILED

C:\JS_Server\buildomatic\bin\import-export.xml:285: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\JS_Server\buildomatic\bin\import-export.xml:158: Java returned: -1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log file attached for more detailed errors

Could you please suggest the soloution ASAP. Thanks in advance for help.

Thanks & regards,

Pruthvi

Attachment(s)

zip
    Install_log_file.txt.zip   7 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2015 09:02 AM

Hi Pruthvi,

I looked at the install guide and can see it failed at below

[advanced-sql] Executing resource: C:\JS_Server\buildomatic\install_resources\sql\oracle\quartz.ddl

[advanced-sql] java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00955: namnet används redan av ett befintligt objekt

So it looks like the problem with the table space created, drop the jaspersoft schema and create again and then reimport

1. Create a Tablespace for Jaspersoft.

CREATE TABLESPACE "PPM_JASPER_TS" DATAFILE '<ORACLE_BASE>\ORADATA\<SID>\PPM_JASPER_TS.DBF' SIZE 500M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 25M MAXSIZE 10G LOGGING EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO;

2. Create a database user and set the required permissions. For example, PPM_JASPERSOFT.

CREATE USER PPM_JASPERSOFT IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD123;

DEFAULT TABLESPACE PPM_JASPER_TS TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP;

GRANT CONNECT TO PPM_JASPERSOFT;

GRANT RESOURCE TO PPM_JASPERSOFT;

GRANT CREATE SESSION TO PPM_JASPERSOFT;

Then redo the install.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Posted Sep 03, 2015 05:51 AM

Hi Suman,

We tried to re- install Jaspersoft server as per your comments above. But, this time also we are failed in installing Jaspersoft server with the same errors as specified in original post.

Can you please let me know is there any other solution.

Thanks & regards,

Pruthvi

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 03, 2015 06:47 AM

The error relayed around the database, are you able to login to jasper soft database using any client tool?

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Posted Sep 03, 2015 07:13 AM

Hi Suman,

I can able to login into the Database using SQL Developer tool.

Thanks & Regards,

Pruthvi

• 6.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 03, 2015 07:36 AM

What language you are using to install, as the error seems to be non English

[advanced-sql] java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00955: namnet används redan av ett befintligt objekt

• 7.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 03, 2015 06:09 PM

Hi Pruthvi

I have reviewed your logs and your main blocking error is actually the one that occurs at:
        [java] Error starting heartbeat. Error was: error setting options
         [java] java.net.SocketException: error setting options
         [java]  at java.net.TwoStacksPlainDatagramSocketImpl.join(Native Method)
         [java]  at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.join(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:178)
         [java]  at java.net.MulticastSocket.joinGroup(MulticastSocket.java:319)
         [java]  at net.sf.ehcache.distribution.MulticastKeepaliveHeartbeatReceiver.init(MulticastKeepaliveHeartbeatReceiver.java:88)
         [java]  at net.sf.ehcache.distribution.MulticastRMICacheManagerPeerProvider.init(MulticastRMICacheManagerPeerProvider.java:95)
         [java]  at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.doInit(CacheManager.java:439)
         [java]  at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.init(CacheManager.java:374)

Have you followed the instructions in the Installation guide for Configuring Cache Distribution over RMI as explained on page 141?

Please thoroughly follow those instructions and ensure the hostname and the multicast addresses are specified properly in those files. The multicast ports and IP should be confirmed with your network admin to be unused. One reason for this issue to happen is when the details are not specified properly so connection cannot occur.

Once done, please retry the install and let me know the results.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer

• 8.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Posted Sep 04, 2015 07:30 AM

Hi Nika,

Thanks for the instructions. I have a query regards to your proposed solution.

1. As per installation guide page 141

Step 4:-

<cacheManagerPeerProviderFactory

class="net.sf.ehcache.distribution.RMICacheManagerPeerProviderFactory"

properties="hostname=10.131.112.249,peerDiscovery=automatic,multicastGroupAddress=228.0.0.1,multicastGroupPort=4446,timeToLive=1"/>

In the above syntax I used my curent localhost Ip instead of mentioned ip in the installation guide and Installtion failed with the same heartbeat error. Kindly clarity If I am going in wrong direction.

Thanks & regards,

Pruthvi

• 9.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2015 08:40 AM

HI Pruthvi,

Is you multicast group address and port is valid?

multicastGroupAddress=228.0.0.1,multicastGroupPort=4446

These address and port needs to be validated by the IT team to confirm this is valid multicast address and port.

• 10.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2015 06:20 PM

Hi Pruthvi,

Please ensure multicast is enabled on port 4446, and it does not conflict with anything else on this port and IP. The other two ports should also be open for the communication to happen.

The IPs in the Installation Guide are examples, you can set this hostname to point to the loopback interface by either setting it to localhost or 127.0.0.1 in the ehcache.xml file.

To ensure it works fine, also configure your loopback to work, and uncomment the 127.0.0.1 entry in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

So the final file can also look like this:

<cacheManagerPeerProviderFactory
    properties="peerDiscovery=automatic,
    hostName=localhost,
    multicastGroupAddress=228.0.0.1,
    multicastGroupPort=4446, timeToLive=1"/>

If you have more than one interface then you will rather have to be setting the parameter to either the hostname or IP address bound to the interface.

Please also modify and uncomment accordingly the other entries in the other two files as advised in the Installation Guide:

<tomcat>/webapps/reportservice/WEB-INF/ehcache_hibernate.xml and <tomcat>/webapps/reportservice/WEB-INF/classes/ehcache_hibernate.xml.

Then retry.

P.S. Normally if you are having a standalone installation the RMI config is not required, that's why it's quite strange that it gives you this exact error. Let's see if enabling it properly will fix it.
    If it does not, I would try (if you did not do this already):  dropping the schema, deleting and recreating the Tomcat install, and reextracting the Jaspersoft files, and try from scratch. I'd recommend you try using the Tomcat install that comes with Clarity.

If correcting this still doesn't work, please raise a Support ticket so we can help you out.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer

• 11.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Posted Sep 10, 2015 04:18 AM

Hi Nika,

When I modify those files in tomact folder and re-run the installation. Its throwing the same error and the installation aborted.

After, that I analysed these modifications in tomcat folder are over-wrriten as origirnal files.

Thanks & regards,

Pruthvi

• 12.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Posted Sep 11, 2015 06:42 AM

Hi Nika,

Thank you so much for the help and support you guided me to solve this error.

Installation of Jaspersoft Server is successfull. When I made the below code inactive  before installation from the installation folder and after installation in Tomcat directory.

Step 1:- Installation Directory before running installation:-

D:\JS_Server\buildomatic\conf_source\iePro\ehcache.xml

D:\JS_Server\buildomatic\conf_source\iePro\ehcache_hibernate.xml.

D:\JS_Server\buildomatic\conf_source\iePro\classes\ehcache_hibernate.xml

Step 2:-Run the Install.bat

Step 3:- Stop tomcat and change the XML file in tomcat direcory as specified in Step 4

Step 4:-Post Installation in Tomcat Directory:-

D:\apache-tomcat-7.0.55\webapps\reportservice\WEB-INF\ehcache.xml 

D:\apache-tomcat-7.0.55\webapps\reportservice\WEB-INF\ehcache_hibernate.xml

D:\apache-tomcat-7.0.55\webapps\reportservice\WEB-INF\classes\ehcache_hibernate.xml

Step 5: Start Tomcat.

Examples as Below:-

<!-- <cacheManagerPeerProviderFactory

properties="peerDiscovery=automatic,hostName=localhost,multicastGroupAddress=228.0.0.1,multicastGroupPort=4446, timeToLive=1"/>

<cacheManagerPeerListenerFactory

class="net.sf.ehcache.distribution.RMICacheManagerPeerListenerFactory"  properties="port=40011,remoteObjectPort=40012,socketTimeoutMillis=120000"/>

-->

After successfull Installation. Now, I am unable to run CA PPM JOB  "Create and Update Jaspersoft Users" is getting failed and loading only two users.

This post might be helpfull for others!!

Thanks & regards,

Pruthvi

• 13.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2015 12:08 PM

Pruthvi :

Glad to have been able to help and that Jaspersoft is now properly installed.

Have you already configured your Jaspersoft keystore and imported OOTB Jaspersoft content as per the Install Guide? For this PMO should also be installed on  PPM. Those are required steps for the job to be able to run.

After you do this, run the job and if you still get an error, check the bg-ca log for any errors.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

• 14.  Re: Jaspersoft Server 5.6.1 Installation error

Posted Sep 08, 2015 07:42 PM

Hi Pruthvi - Did the responses help you resolve your issue? If so please mark the appropriate as Correct Answer. Thanks! Chris