CA Service Management

• 1.  CA Process Automation failed installation

Posted Sep 02, 2015 12:33 PM

I am installing CA SDM and came across a problem.

In the configuration part to integrate Process Automation with SDM, asks if the URL which is set Process Automation. When I type the URL of the provider and the "pamadmin" password, gives the following error:

"CA Process Automation details invalid."

Can someone help me? It is disturbing me a lot!

• 2.  Re: CA Process Automation failed installation

Posted Sep 02, 2015 01:04 PM

Hi Airu,

Totally understand!  Things like this can be very frustrating.  Your best bet on something like this would be for you to open a support case and have one of our engineers take a look at it with you.  We would need to look at how PAM is installed and configured (ports, urls/hostnames etc.) - that would allow us to see what may be causing the issue here when you attempt to integrate it with SDM.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CA Process Automation failed installation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2015 10:33 PM

Hi Airu,

Assuming this is a 14.1 install, the installer is doing a SOAP login call into PAM. 

2015/09/01 16.26.25.318 DEBUG [DeployThread: Integrating the Products] [PAMValidator] hostname:YourPAMHost.com, fullpath: http://YourPAMHost.ca.com:8080/itpam/soap, login:pamadmin

If it was successful, you should get something like:

2015/09/01 16.26.25.338 DEBUG [DeployThread: Integrating the Products] [PAMWebserviceManager] Get ITPAM version

2015/09/01 16.26.26.032 DEBUG [DeployThread: Integrating the Products] [PAMWebserviceManager] Got the major version as: 4

2015/09/01 16.26.26.032 DEBUG [DeployThread: Integrating the Products] [PAMWebserviceManager] Got the minor version as: 2

2015/09/01 16.26.26.033 DEBUG [DeployThread: Integrating the Products] [PAMWebserviceManager] Got the service pack as: SP01

2015/09/01 16.26.26.034 DEBUG [DeployThread: Integrating the Products] [VersionHelper] Validating PAM Version: 4.2

The error you're getting seems to indicate that we got a validation failure from PAM. But the message we got from PAM is a bit odd (maybe an invalid provider URL?),  that's why the error.

PAM logs and the install.log from SM installer should give some ideas too.

_R

• 4.  Re: CA Process Automation failed installation

Posted Sep 03, 2015 09:21 AM

Hello, Raghu.

I managed to solve my fault reinstalling PAM and conferring in particular port on which it appeared. After reinstalling the SDM with the integrator, it worked correctly.

The fault was the application was trying to "up" on another port already used, and therefore the integration did not identify the same. I used the installation log to see what happened.

Thank you and Jon for trying to solve my problem!

Regards,

Airu.