CA Service Management

• 1.  Parent/Child Tickets and Notifcations

Posted Sep 02, 2015 12:41 PM

In an incident parent / child relationship, is there a way for the resolution comments/notes made to the Parent ticket propogate to the children tickets, and notify all the affected end-users?  What we are struggling with is finding a way to have an email notification go out to the end-users of the children tickets.

• 2.  Re: Parent/Child Tickets and Notifcations

Posted Sep 02, 2015 01:01 PM

Hi miketerry76044249,

Unfortunately, there is no trigger for something like this that exists out of the box.  This would make for a great "idea" post, so folks can vote for this one and product management teams will review it for inclusion in future versions possibly.  To do this in the current versions of the product would require a pretty good amount of custom spelcode to accomplish, which unfortunately is outside the scope of CA Support.  There may be folks on the communities here that have done something like this, and have gotten it to work, and they may be willing to share it here with you.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Parent/Child Tickets and Notifcations

Posted Sep 02, 2015 09:40 PM

Have a look at https://communities.ca.com/message/110273871#110273871.  The original question there was to do with propagating status changes, but Brian pointed out the 'Related Ticket Activity' flag on an Activity Notification, which apparently propagates activity log entries to related tickets.  From there your child tickets should be able to send out their own notifications.  I haven't tried it myself but it may take you some way down the track.

Later on: Well, I have just tried that myself and as far as I can tell it doesn't work!  Not in 12.9, anyway.  Which is a pity... does anybody know why not?