Clarity

• 1.  Default Notifications

Posted Sep 07, 2015 06:22 AM

Hi All

I see on the forums there is a great deal of conversations around notifications and customising them etc. However where can I find what processes they are attached to. We are currently using 13.3 and we have a custom built process for our timesheet approval with our own action item emails with our own content. We switched on the email notifications and users where getting the default email notifications template for timesheet. It seemed to overwrite my notification. How can I stop this or remove it from the process.

It is the same when we create a new project. A notification goes to a resource (but resource is not attached as team member or has no association with the project) telling them they are added to the project when they are not. How can can I remove this notification from this process of creating a new project or any other processes for that matter.

Thanks

Stephen

• 2.  Re: Default Notifications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2015 07:41 PM

Hi Stephen,

I think you may be misunderstanding how our out-of-the-box notifications work.  When you add an email server to your Clarity settings and turn on email, the system simply sends out an email in addition to the notifications that are already being created under Notifications inside Clarity.  You can see Notifications by default on the right-hand side of the General page and on the Notifications tab of the Organizer page.  These out-of-the-box notifications are created in Clarity every time an action that triggers the notification is completed.  These notifications are only sent out via email when you enable email notification on your Clarity system.

There are two or maybe even three types of notifications that can be sent out (if you count emails sent via gel scripts as a separate type)

- out-of-the-box notifications

- custom notifications sent by action items in a process

- custom notifications sent by gel scripts in a process or by WSDL implementations

There are out-of-the-box notifications generated when timesheets are submitted or rejected and when users are added as participants to projects, among others.  These are generated automatically by the Clarity system are sent out in addition to, not instead of, your custom notifications in processes and WSDL implementations.

You can see and modify the content of all out-of-the-box notifications by opening the Administration menu and choosing Notifications from the Data Administration column.

The automatic notifications about user's being added to a project are generated when a user is added as a participant to a project via a Template or by a Collaboration Manager adding the users as Participants (not Team members).  You can see the participants for a project by opening the project, clicking the Team tab, clicking the arrow to the right of Team on that tab, and choosing Participants.  There is not automatic notification generated when a user is added to a project team, but not to the list of participants.

If your custom notifications are sent out as action items in a process, they will automatically be emailed to your users once email notification is enabled.  However, if you are using gel scripts to send your emails, the email server has to be coded into the gel script.  If you are using the gel:email tab, you can set the gel up to pick up the email server information from the properties.xml file.  If you are using the core:email tag, the email server information is hard-coded into your gel/WSDL script and will need to be changed to include the correct email server information.

I hope you find this information helpful.  If you have additional questions about this subject, please feel free to ask.

Sincerely yours,

Jeanne Gaskill

Senior Support Engineer

CA Clarity PPM

• 3.  Re: Default Notifications

Posted Sep 15, 2015 04:50 PM

Hi Stephen - Did Jeanne's response help resolve your issue? If so please mark her post as Correct Answer. Thanks! Chris

• 4.  Re: Default Notifications
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2015 03:49 AM

HI Chris

Jeanne's response was helpful and I thought I had marked the post

answered. However I will check it later today.

Regards

Stephen Floyd

Clarity Administrator

MPMO Services, BCS

AIB K5 Old Boardroom

Bankcentre

Dublin 4

Tel - 00 353 1 7725695

Email: stephen.a.floyd@aib.ie

facebook.com/AskAIB | twitter.com/AskAIB | youtube.com/aib |

linkedin.com/company/aib |

Chris_Hackett <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

15/09/2015 21:51

Please respond to jive-1922738351-1aoks-2-3zz5fc

To:     Stephen Floyd <stephen.a.floyd@aib.ie>

cc:

Subject:        Re:  - Default Notifications

CA Communities

Default Notifications

reply from Chris Hackett in CA PPM - View the full discussion

Hi Stephen - Did Jeanne's response help resolve your issue? If so please

mark her post as Correct Answer. Thanks! Chris

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on

CA Communities

Start a new discussion in CA PPM by email or at CA Communities

Following Default Notifications in these streams: Inbox

You are receiving this email because you are a member of the CA

Communities.

If you'd like to change your email preferences, click here. If you want

your communities account to be deactivated (opt out), please send an email

to CustomerPrograms@ca.com.

Additionally, if you wish to opt out of all unsolicited commercial

communications from CA Technologies, click here.

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the addressee unless otherwise indicated. Allied Irish Banks,

AIB and AIB Group are registered business names of Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.  Registered Office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel: + 353 1 6600311; Registered in Ireland: Registered No. 24173.

~~~~~~Please consider the environment before printing this Email~~~~~~~

This email has been scanned by an external Email Security System.