Symantec Access Management

• 1.  How to support 2 language for pwd services

Posted Sep 13, 2015 04:23 PM

Hello there,

I have an application that allow user to select English or French in the login page (there is no settings done in browser language) and upon user selecting their desired language, the application sets the Cookie with value as 'fr-CA', otherwise it is English. Now my question is, when user selects French as their language and if the user pwd is going to expire in 10 days, he gets a warning mesg ' Your password will expire in less than 10 days'.

I see SM agent reads this from 'smpwservicesUS-EN.properties', but how do i force the SM to read from 'smpwservices_fr-FR.properties'.

if i see the .fcc file, i see the following lines for reason code 18.. can anyone tell me how to achieve my above reqmt... Thanks!

if ($$smauthreason$$ == 18)

{

document.write("<tr>");

document.write("$$SMPWUSRMSG$$");

document.write("</p>");

document.write(pwdExpireMesg);

document.write("</td>");

document.write("</tr>");

}

• 2.  Re: How to support 2 language for pwd services

Posted Sep 14, 2015 05:45 PM

Pack Pack

Have you tried playing with SMLOCALE Directive which could be set in a fcc file.

Regards

Hubert

• 3.  Re: How to support 2 language for pwd services

Posted Sep 14, 2015 05:51 PM

Localization Name Value Pairs

The .fcc template files include two localization parameters:

• smlocale
      Used to determine the language used in the HTML forms that collect user information or display status messages.
      The value that is paired with smlocale corresponds to part of the name of a localization properties file. The localization properties file contains IDs mapped to text strings in the specified language.
      smlocale values have the following format:
      COUNTRY-LANGUAGE
      For example, the value for smlocale for United States English is:
      SMLOCALE=US-EN
    • smenc
      Contains information that tells the browser what language encoding to use. Changing the default value for this variable overrides the encoding set in the following META tag:
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">

Configure HTML Forms Authentication - CA SiteMinder® - 12.52 SP1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Regards

Hubert

• 4.  Re: How to support 2 language for pwd services