Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

• 1.  Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Sep 14, 2015 10:43 AM

Hi all.

Following the Jaspersoft Install Instructions...

Installation completes successfully (log attached). When I enter the URL to validate the installation - the page loads and this is what I see:

invalid_credentials_supplied.jpg

I haven't typed anything or attempted to login - this is the default load state. The Jasperserver log is empty. This is my second clean install (delete tomcat & jaspersoft install dir, re-unzip and run again). Each time yields the same results.

Off to Google - I'm open to ideas if anyone has seen this.

Attachment(s)

zip
    install.log.zip   3 KB 1 version
    zip
    jasperserver.log.zip   148 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2015 10:58 AM

The UI looks different that what I have in my lab. Did you download the Jaspersoft from CA Support site?

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2015 10:59 AM

the default username is superuser and password is superuser. So the credentials dont work

• 4.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2015 11:03 AM

Hi Rob,

Yes the very first time I see the same and when providing the user name and password it allows to login.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Sep 14, 2015 11:04 AM

Hi Suman. I haven't put in any credentials - this is the default load state. Entering the superuser : superuser simply yields the same error.

• 6.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Sep 14, 2015 11:02 AM

Hi suman. This is the jaspersoft & wrapper from the install disc iso (DVD11092647E).

• 7.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Sep 14, 2015 11:45 AM

In Nika_Hadzhikidi's excellent Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation, tip #2

2. If MSSQL is used, the schema owner should be PPM_JASPERSOFT, login can be another user.

*IF* the schema owner was PPM_JASPERSOFT...

ppm_jaspersoft.jpg

...would I expect to see PPM_JASPERSOFT prefixing the database tables instead of dbo as shown below?

dbo.jpg

• 8.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2015 01:26 PM

Hi Robert,

I have reviewed your logs and they all seem fine. The way your login page displays is also okay. Here is as example my page prior to logging in:

The real issue is that your superuser cannot not log in.

It looks like it uses the default MSSQL schema dbo instead of PPM_JASPERSOFT. This happens if the database was created with default schema dbo and remapped manually through SQL Server Management UI later.

At this point I believe it will be best to drop the database and create it again, following the SQL commands as per my script here (please replace the password and paths accordingly):

CREATE DATABASE PPM_JASPERSOFT
    ON ( NAME = N'PPM_JASPERSOFT',
          FILENAME = N'E:\Databases\PPM_JASPERSOFT.mdf',
          SIZE = 102400KB, MAXSIZE = UNLIMITED , FILEGROWTH = 50% )
    LOG ON ( NAME = N'PPM_JASPERSOFT_log',
          FILENAME = N'E:\Databases\PPM_JASPERSOFT.ldf',
          SIZE = 5120KB, MAXSIZE = UNLIMITED , FILEGROWTH = 50% )

IF (SELECT (CAST(LEFT(CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS VARCHAR(20)), CHARINDEX('.', CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS VARCHAR(20)), 1) - 1) AS INTEGER))) = 10
    BEGIN
    exec sp_dbcmptlevel 'PPM_JASPERSOFT', @new_cmptlevel=100
    END
    IF (SELECT (CAST(LEFT(CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS VARCHAR(20)), CHARINDEX('.', CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS VARCHAR(20)), 1) - 1) AS INTEGER))) = 11
    BEGIN
    exec sp_dbcmptlevel 'PPM_JASPERSOFT', @new_cmptlevel=110
    END
    IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 'yes' FROM syslogins WHERE LOWER(name) = LOWER('PPM_JASPERSOFT') )
    BEGIN
    exec sp_addlogin 'PPM_JASPERSOFT','Niku1234','PPM_JASPERSOFT','us_english'
    END

begin
    exec ('alter database PPM_JASPERSOFT set read_committed_snapshot on')
    exec ('grant VIEW SERVER STATE to PPM_JASPERSOFT')
    exec ('ALTER LOGIN PPM_JASPERSOFT WITH CHECK_POLICY=OFF')
    end
    USE PPM_JASPERSOFT
    ---The schema owner is referenced when executing functions in SQL Server and is hard-coded to PPM_JASPERSOFT. However, the login name can differ.
    exec sp_grantdbaccess 'PPM_JASPERSOFT','PPM_JASPERSOFT'
    exec sp_defaultdb 'PPM_JASPERSOFT', 'PPM_JASPERSOFT'
    exec sp_addrolemember 'db_owner', 'PPM_JASPERSOFT'

I marked the ones that you should replace in bold.
    Once done, please reinstall Jaspersoft and you should be able to connect as superuser.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

Principal Support Engineer

• 9.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2015 01:49 PM

Hi Robert : One more additional thing: after creating the database correctly as specified, please ensure that whilst installing Jaspersoft, you specify the username as ppm_jaspersoft/password and not sa user for the connection. Whereas it is possible to use another login, sa user has a default schema which will not work for us.

• 10.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Sep 14, 2015 02:36 PM

Thanks Nika. My hunch was the Schema issue. I'll ask our DBAs to drop & re-create as you recommend above. I will update this thread once complete.

Thanks!

• 11.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Sep 16, 2015 05:34 PM

Hi Nika.

We're still struggling and stuck at the same screen shown above. We've dropped the database and recreated it from the scripts logging in as the PPM_JASPERSOFT user to ensure Schema. My DBA observed that quartz.ddl hardcodes 'dbo'. Is this an issue?

dbo.jpg

It's probably coming up on real ticket time...

• 12.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2015 06:10 PM

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your update.

The schema now looks fine, here is my schema for comparison:

Could you try to import the content and see if you have an error when specifying superuser / superuser as username and password?
    Also please check jasperserver.log, there should be an entry with an error. What happens if you try another browser, same issue?

You can query the situation with the superuser with query:
    SELECT * FROM jiuser WHERE username = 'superuser'

P.S. If you want to open a Support ticket, please let me know the number.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 13.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Sep 16, 2015 07:04 PM

No results are returned from SELECT * FROM jiuser WHERE username = 'superuser'. In fact. SELECT * FROM jiuser also returns no results. The screen shot above is in Chrome 45. I get the same results in IE11. What's not in the screen shot above is the URL on load:

error.jpg

jasperserver log still has nothin'.

jasperserver_log.jpg

I am out of the office through the 21st so I probably won't open a ticket until after I return. If there are any quick "ah HA!"s in the overnight I may have time in the AM on the 17th to try things.

• 14.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2015 10:10 AM

Hi Robert,

This is very curious. Looks like the user did not get created in the database. Do you have a copy of your install log? I would like to take a look. Or feel free to attach it to a case when you return.

Thank you and have a great time off!

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

• 15.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Sep 21, 2015 12:48 PM
      |   view attached

Case has been opened: 00205042.

Attaching the Install Log here as well.

Thanks!

Attachment(s)

zip
    install.log.zip   3 KB 1 version

• 16.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Oct 01, 2015 10:40 AM

Hi all. Circling back on this to close it out. We're up and running - Thank You Nika for your excellent help.

Although the install folder has a document called JasperReports-Server-Install-Guide.pdf, don't follow any of these install instructions. We ran the 'manual database creation' from the JasperReports install document and expected we could use the Web Deploy only option to deploy the WAR against the previously created database. This was not the case - we needed to create a blank database and have the installer build the database objects during install.

• 17.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2015 10:50 AM

We resolved the issue with Robert on the Support case.

Summary:
    After a new installation of Jaspersoft, he was not able to connect with superuser/superuser, it was giving him the error Invalid credentials supplied. Could not login to Jaspersoft Server

When working on the issue, we found his MSSQL database was actually empty : jiuser, jirole were empty, so this was the reason it was not able to connect.

Root cause analysis:
    When checking the install.log I could see that the installation was set up to be a cluster and do only the deploy-webapp target, not the minimal install, including the database part. SO the database part was actually skipped.

Here is the part from the install.log that pointed to this:
    Select Installation Mode
    1) Standalone
    2) Cluster

Choose option [1]:

Select the Cluster Node
    1) primary
    2) additional (Web-app Deploy Only)

Resolution:
    To resolve the issue we did the following:
    1. Modified the file default_master.properties to ensure installMode=standalone and installType=minimal
    2. Once done, started a new install. When prompted entered the following information :
    Installation mode Standalone
    MSSQL
    MSSQL connection details as usual

The difference was coming from the fact that Robert's DBA was using the JasperReports-Server-Install-Guide found in the docs folder of the Jaspersoft install (ca_ppm_jaspersoft_5.6.1_4.7.zip) to actually create the database. Also, cluster was specified at the installation time.

Important Note:

To deploy a Jaspersoft cluster, one must have installed at least one server in Standalone mode, and then you can set up the second one as Cluster. The Cluster install does only the web-app deploy on an existing database installed in Standalone mode.

Thank you Robert for your work on this!

• 18.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Posted Nov 04, 2015 01:02 AM

Hi All,

I am also facing this same issue, the page load with error.

I selected the installation mode as standalone and Installation completes successfully (log attached).

loginpage-error.JPEG

Jirole has data but Jiuser table is empty in oracle database.

Could you please suggest the solution.

Thanks,

Vinod Jagadeesan

Attachment(s)

zip
    install.log.zip   4 KB 1 version

• 19.  Re: Verifying Jaspersoft Installation Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 11:43 AM

Hi Vinod,

I just checked and your issue is different from Robert's. You should ignore the URL containing :
    http://servername:port/reportservice/login.html?error=1

This is the normal way this URL will always display when you are not logged in.

Here is your actual error message from install.log:

BUILD FAILED
    D:\Installables\Clarity14-2\Jasper-studio561\DVD11092647E\ca_ppm_jaspersoft_5.6.1_4.7\buildomatic\bin\import-export.xml:285: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    D:\Installables\Clarity14-2\Jasper-studio561\DVD11092647E\ca_ppm_jaspersoft_5.6.1_4.7\buildomatic\bin\import-export.xml:158: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "D:\ca\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\bin\java.exe": CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1042)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:615)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:288)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:133)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1023)
    ... 38 more

Looks like your path is quite long, please do the following to solve the issue:
    1. Delete and reextract your Jaspersoft install files in a shorter path. For example: C:\ Installables\Jaspersoft
    2. Delete and reinstall Tomcat : again ensure the path is shorter, for example C:\Installables\JSTomcat
    3. Retry the installation again, with same parameters.

Please let me know how it goes.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer