Clarity

• 1.  XOG out project views

Posted Sep 14, 2015 11:49 AM

We're working on our 14.2 upgrade and as part of that we will be reconfiguring many views/portlets. For normal porlets I'm able to xog out and in fine, but when trying to get info for project views and specifically the "My Projects" portlet that is for some reason considered a view rather than a normal portlet, I run in to constant issues (timeouts, huge files, incomplete files, etc) so I wanted to reach out and see if others have been able to get this to work succesfully and reliably? I've found many posts on the community asking similar questions but nothing I try seems to work 100%. Specifically, what I'm trying to do is get the config how we want in our test system, then once we do our prod upgrade use xog to update our live environment to minimize the time spent manually configuring after the upgrade. For project in particular, I'm looking to save the settings for Project Properties Create (projectCreate)/Edit (projectGeneral?), My Projects (projmgr.myProjects), Project List (projmgr.projectList), and Project Filter (projectList)

The most recent xog I tried was below but I don't see projmgr.myProjects in the resulting file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
      <Header version="8.0" action="read" objectType="contentPack" externalSource="NIKU">
        <!-- the contentType is used to determine which filter goes where -->
        <args contentType="view" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>
        <args name="singleContentType" value="view" />
        <args name="no_dependencies" value="true" />
    <args name="exclude_parent" value="true"/>
    <args name="noparents" value="true" />
      </Header>
      <ViewQuery>
        <Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">projmgr.myProjects</Filter>
        <Filter name="object_code" criteria="EQUALS">project</Filter>
      </ViewQuery> 
    </NikuDataBus>

• 2.  Re: XOG out project views
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 14, 2015 10:39 PM

Have you tried using the Content Packages option under the Administration > Studio ?

NJ

• 3.  Re: XOG out project views

Posted Sep 15, 2015 09:18 AM

Oh my god I'm an idiot. This was one of the things I was most looking forward to when it was announced and I COMPLETELY forgot about it.

I have NOT tried that yet but will definitely give it a try now. Have you used it yet?

• 4.  Re: XOG out project views

Posted Sep 17, 2015 03:24 AM

Yep, I did use it a while back. I guess, you should try it as well

NJ

• 5.  Re: XOG out project views

Posted Sep 17, 2015 09:54 AM

I had a chance to try it out yesterday after getting our DBA to make a backup just in case. I created a package, reset the project views to default and verified my changes were gone. Uploaded and applied my package in migration mode. My changes came back! Not very thorough testing yet so I want to play with it some more, but so far this looks like exactly what I needed.

• 6.  Re: XOG out project views

Posted Sep 17, 2015 10:19 AM

Brilliant

NJ