DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

• 1.  Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Sep 16, 2015 12:00 PM

Hi all,

I have some Alcatel Lucent 7750 that need to be discovered by Spectrum 10. But when I discovered it, Spectrum didn’t recognize the SAP/VLAN interface in it.

How to make Spectrum recognize the SAP/VLAN interface from Alcatel device?

I already have the MIB file that contain the SAP interface information, but I don’t know how to map it to the Spectrum interface.

Regards,

Yan

• 2.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2015 12:30 PM

Hi Yan,

What's the oid of the device?  Is it 1.3.6.1.4.1.6527.1.3.x? Is it modeled as an AlcatelSvcRtr?  What firmware version is it running?  Assuming it's modeled as an AlcatelSvcRtr, it would then depend on how the interface is configured.  Is it part of the standard mib2 interfaces table?  Is it configured to be a subinterface of another interface?   You may need to open a case and provide a simulation for us to check/verify if you are unable to determine the cause.

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 23, 2015 05:57 AM

Hi Jason,

You are almost correct, it's 1.3.6.1.4.1.6527.3.1.x, and yes it is modeled as an AlcatelSvcRtr. I have opened a case and here is the case number 00201748. Can You check that case?

Regards,

Yan

• 4.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 23, 2015 05:54 PM

I looked at the SNMP walks.  The devices do not provide vlan mib data.

• 5.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 25, 2015 10:56 PM

Hi Scott,

You can check the walk file in 172.31.129.49_sap.rar. We use the 1.3.6.1.4.1.6527.3.1.2.4.3.2.1.1 and 1.3.6.1.4.1.6527.3.1.2.4.3.2.1.2 for the OID of SAP interfaces. The client said that it could be said as VLAN, but what I need is whether is it a VLAN or sub interface, I just need that SAP interfaces with that OID to appear in Interfaces column for Alcatel device in Spectrum like any other sub interfaces. Do you get what I mean?

• 6.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 26, 2015 12:13 PM

That would be an enhancement request for TIMETRA-SAP-MIB interface intelligence.

• 7.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 26, 2015 12:19 PM

Before going to the enhancement request, can we use model type editor to do that? I saw the OID of the SAP interfaces in the MTE, so is that possible?

• 8.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 26, 2015 02:00 PM

You can add the TIMETRA-SAP-MIB, and you can create an application model type for it.  You could also derive an interface model type from it.  The problem would then be that there is no intelligence to map the interfaces in the ifstack.  I can't find the MIB; do any of its objects refer back to ifindex or ifstackstatus?

• 9.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 26, 2015 09:47 PM

I had attached theTIMETRA-SAP-MIB file to the case and I also attached the screenshot of MTE that shows the OID of the SAP interface. Btw what do you mean by the ifindex and ifstackstatus? I am new with the MTE..

• 10.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 27, 2015 11:37 AM

I will let the engineer working the case help you.  Regarding ifIndex and ifStackStatus, these are the most commonly used methods for indicating a logical interface's place in the interface stack.  If a logical interface goes down, you will want to know whether, for instance, it is down because its physical interface is down.  Also, in the case of vlans, you want some intelligence to show vlan device and port membership.  Since Spectrum isn't looking for the TIMETRA-SAP-MIB when it's mapping out vlans, you won't have those associations between ports, devices and vlans.

Scott

• 11.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 27, 2015 11:48 AM

Hi Scott,

I got it, so can we make Spectrum looking for that MIB file using MTE?

And btw, did you mean the engineer team will help me with 00201748 case?

• 12.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 27, 2015 12:37 PM

While you can import the MIBs into Spectrum, it looks like actual support relies on several MIBs, such as the TIMETRA-PORT-MIB.  Importing the MIBs into Spectrum would not allow you to effectively manage the interfaces.  The support engineer will continue to work with you.

Scott

• 13.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 29, 2015 11:11 AM

Hi Scott, so basically we can get the SAP interface to appear in the Spectrum interfaces column using the MTE right?

• 14.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 23, 2015 10:09 AM

Speaking of which, I dot have some Alcatel 7210 devices that don't have their connections discovered automatically. Do you have that problem also? They are modeled with the same model type AlcatelSvcRtr.

• 15.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Oct 25, 2015 10:44 PM

Yes, I got AlcatelSvcRtr too and all of their SAP interfaces are not modeled in Spectrum. How do you solve that problem?

• 16.  Re: Add Alcatel Lucent SAP/VLAN interface

Posted Aug 31, 2016 06:04 AM

I opened a device certification request @CA. I'm hope to have a positive response on this.