Service Operations Insight

• 1.  CA SOI Licensing

Posted Sep 17, 2015 02:01 PM

Hi Team,

I would like to know is there any method by which we can see the licenses in use by any CA SOI solution active in some environment.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumeet Hooda

• 2.  Re: CA SOI Licensing

Posted Sep 17, 2015 05:19 PM

Hi Sumeet,

You can see how many client connections are active from the web interface,

Log in to the SOI UI and from the Administration Tab, you can select > CA SOI UI Server Configuration> Client Details.

This will show haw many users are logged into the SOI manager.

SOI does not require a license code to run and is not licensed per user or system.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks and regards,

Jerald Holcomb

CA technologies

• 3.  Re: CA SOI Licensing
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 28, 2015 03:10 PM

SOI Licensing is based on both Connectors and Number of Devices (Systems and Networks). Customer has the following list of licenses, we need to calculate the number of Systems and Networks Licenses consumed. Is there any Database table or web service by which we can check this information?

Licenses.JPG

• 4.  Re: CA SOI Licensing

Posted Mar 16, 2018 03:30 PM

Hello,

This is kind of old but i have the same requirement, a way to know how many licenses of each type we are consuming so we can take a "cost" per service we configure.

It was any update since 2015 about this?

As far as i know the licenses are count like this now

CA Service Operations Insight for Applications and Databases (CIs: APM+DB+URL response+WebServer)SOIADB990

CA Service Operations Insight for Systems and Networks

(CIs: Systems+Networking)

SOISNK990

• 5.  Re: CA SOI Licensing

Posted May 07, 2018 04:31 PM

Hi Ignacio, i will ask somebody in product management to have a look at your question. 

• 6.  Re: CA SOI Licensing

Posted May 08, 2018 01:14 AM

Kamal answered it correctly.

• 7.  Re: CA SOI Licensing

Posted May 08, 2018 05:08 AM

Hello Saket,

What if the customer has APM and integrates with SOI, in that case we need the "CA Service Operations Insight for CA Application Performance Management" SKU as well which is licensed per APM agent , correct ?

• 8.  Re: CA SOI Licensing

Posted May 08, 2018 10:52 AM

Based on number of CI coming from which connector can decide which SKU to use.

• 9.  Re: CA SOI Licensing

Posted May 24, 2018 02:39 PM

Hello all,

I still dont get a few things. To cleare some points.

Connectors publish to SOI everything you configure eather way APM or UIM, if you just pull ComputerSystem or go deeper in granularity.

But if all that info is count as license for SOI its dsoen't have much sense. As far as i understud only the CIs modeled count for license. 

But i sitll dont have a way to identify how many of them and what kind i'm using on all the services modeled.

This is not the way to clasify the type of license?

CA Service Operations Insight for Applications and Databases (CIs: APM+DB+URL response+WebServer)

CA Service Operations Insight for Systems and Networks (CIs: Systems+Networking)

• 10.  Re: CA SOI Licensing

Posted May 28, 2018 01:36 AM

All the CI's(excluding sub CI's) will be licensed in SOI which include both modelled and un-modelled.