AnsweredAssumed Answered

Counting Dataset Error in Subprocess

Question asked by Joel NeSmith on Sep 17, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 by Joel NeSmith

Has anyone seen or had trouble executing a Test Case that calls a subprocess which has a counting dataset from the Invoke API? 

Executing this scenario using DevTest 8.0.1.

I have a Test Case (TC-A).

TC-A invokes a subprocess and passes parameters (serial number & reference id).

Subprocess A (Sub-A) takes these values and, based on a database select query, creates a LISA property {{prop_rowcnt}}.  prop_rowcnt = the number of rows in the resultset returned by the database query.

Sub-A then has to loop.  Sub-A uses a Counting Dataset (declared as LOCAL) that counts from 1 by 1 until the dataset is greater than {{prop_rowcnt}}.

I create a MARI on TC-A with Run1User1Cycle as the Staging Document.

Then, I create a MAR on TC-A from the MARI.  The subprocess was packaged in the MAR.

1) If I run S-A in ITR (raw Test Case) using the default values, S-A executes correctly.

2) If I open TC-A (raw Test Case) and run it in ITR mode using the default values for the parameters, TC-A and subprocess S-A execute correctly.

3) If I open TC-B and asynchronously fire test case TC-A's MAR using the RESTful Invoke 2 0 interface, the

http://localhost:1505/lisa-invoke/runMar?marOrMariPath={{LISA_RELATIVE_PROJ_ROOT}}%2FTests%2FDRS_Repair.mar&async=true

The test executes in the Coordinator,

But, the test case dies a very painful death as soon as it enters Sub-A.

4) It also dies if TC-B asynchronously fires the Test Case, Staging doc, and Config using Invoke 2 0;

hhttp://localhost:1505/lisa-invoke/runTest?testCasePath={{LISA_RELATIVE_PROJ_ROOT}}%2FTests%2FDRS_Repair.tst&stagingDocPa…

5) If I perform Step 3) from a VSM, the test case also dies.  Ultimately, I need to launch the Test case asynchronously from a VSM because of customer requirements.

The abbreviated exception I see in the Reporting Console looks like this (full exception from Reporting Console attached):

sub_iRepairs_Async_Flow :

============================================================================

| Error executing sub process: C:/Users/nesjo02/lisatmp_8.0.1/lads/329C08B85D8811E5B512B6F620524153/VSM_TestCase_Launch/Tests/Subprocesses/sub_iRepairs_Async_Flow.tst

| Step:        sub_iRepairs_Async_Flow

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Message:    Error doing random data sets

| Trapped Exception: Error doing random data sets

| Trapped Message:

===========================================================================

| Message:    Error reading dataset [CntDS] definition

| Exception:

| Message:    Increment can not be positive for a decreasing counter. 

(This is strange because the DS is set to count from 1 by 1 until it reaches the the value of {{prop_rowcnt}} which in ITR mode contains a valid, positive numeric value.)

:

:

STACK TRACE

| Exception:

| Step:        CntDS

| Message:    Error reading dataset [CntDS] definition Please make sure any dependent file(s) are available at the path specified in the test case on the host named NESJO02W7.

at com.itko.lisa.test.CounterDataSet.checkValid(CounterDataSet.java:276)

at com.itko.lisa.test.CounterDataSet.initialize(CounterDataSet.java:218)

Outcomes