Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Publish RESTful service from WSDL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2015 07:58 AM

Hi dear community,

Today my question is about a basebut main API-fication scenario. A lots of entreprise adopted SOA in the past and use SOAP web services for exposing data.

But we all know today that digital transformation must lead them to migrate to RESTful services ... So my question is simple : is CA API Gateway offers accelerators for transforming SOAP legacy exposition to Rest trough the Gateway ? Let's say I just have my WSDL file, I did not found an option like 'Publish Rest service from WSDL'. From my knowledge of the solution, I have to build my Rest service manually, adding route assertion, etc... Maybe I missed something !

I'm looking forward to read your answers and good practices !

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Publish RESTful service from WSDL
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 18, 2015 11:35 AM

There is no one tried-and-true method to do this but there are other CA products that can do this innately: CA App Services Orchestrator - CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: Publish RESTful service from WSDL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2015 05:37 AM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply. I did not knew CA App Services Orchestrator ! I browsed your link but I am not sure about the solution : is it an extension to CA API Gateway or a bundle with a dedicated CA API Gateway version ? Have you more information about this ?

• 4.  Re: Publish RESTful service from WSDL

Posted Sep 22, 2015 08:23 AM

It is a separate product offering from the API Gateway. The API Gateway does not have an innate, out-of-the-box capability to do this. If you would like to request this capability for the API Management suite then I would recommend submitting an Idea. Our Product Management team reviews these Ideas from our customers and regularly incorporates them into the API Management road map. If you do submit an Idea then please remember to vote for it! The system does not automatically tally a vote from the submitter.

• 5.  Re: Publish RESTful service from WSDL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2015 11:05 AM

Thank you again Eric for your kind support

I will submit this idea !

• 6.  Re: Publish RESTful service from WSDL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2015 08:30 AM