DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Respone time of Website using sampled transactions instead of real-time monitoring

Posted Sep 22, 2015 08:47 AM

Champs,

I have a query if someone could help me please. We are planning to explore CA tools for monitoring the response time of our website. However, we would not monitor real-time response time.

Instead, we would like to check the response time using sample transactions. For example, after every 15 min. There is another tool which serve the purpose - IBM Tivoli RRT.

Is it possible to use any of the CA tool for this purpose?

Quick response is really appreciated.

Regards,

Aman

• 2.  Re: Respone time of Website using sampled transactions instead of real-time monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2015 08:52 AM

Hi Aman,

You can use CA App Synthetic Monitor CA App Synthetic Monitor website monitoring service - Performance management, uptime statistics and SLA reporting

It's possible to create a trial account to test it out, and can be used to monitor both public-facing and internally available applications/websites, data can be sent to APM/Enterprise Manager about scripts, but the tool has its own built-in alert and reporting capabilities.

Best to check it out and see if this fits the bill.

Many thanks,

David

• 3.  Re: Respone time of Website using sampled transactions instead of real-time monitoring

Posted Sep 23, 2015 12:34 AM

Thanks David. I was not aware of this tool. Will definetely explore this tool now. Thanks again for your help.

• 4.  Re: Respone time of Website using sampled transactions instead of real-time monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2015 08:52 AM

Hi Aman:

Have you looked into synthetic monitoring like CA App Synthetic Monitor?

Thanks

Hal German

APM Support

• 5.  Re: Respone time of Website using sampled transactions instead of real-time monitoring

Posted Sep 22, 2015 09:07 AM

Thanks for your response Hal.

As per documentation - "Replicate real-user transactions from 90+ monitoring stations in over six continents, 48 countries, 93+ cities and 15 different time zones to provide timely insights". Is it available only via Cloud or can it be installed/configured in our own infrastructure environment?

Aman

• 6.  Re: Respone time of Website using sampled transactions instead of real-time monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2015 10:06 AM

Hi Aman:

There is an On Premise Monitoring Station part so you can monitor infrastructure. OPMS can run behind a proxy to monitor intranet sites. It is available now.

• 7.  Re: Respone time of Website using sampled transactions instead of real-time monitoring

Posted Sep 23, 2015 12:37 AM

Thanks Hal. I will explore this tool. Thanks again for your help.