CA Client Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

• 1.  Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Sep 25, 2015 03:40 PM

When we access some machines of our environment with remote control, at the end, when we logoff the user see the message "You must restart your computer to apply These changes" , with two restart options . 

No system configuration was done , nothing to justify the restart.

Windows 7.

Has anyone seen this problem ? How to solve ?

• 2.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2015 06:23 AM

Hi

Was the message from the OS or from client auto?

Does it happen every time on the same computer?

Rich

• 3.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Sep 28, 2015 08:17 AM

Hello Richard, good day!

Is a O.S. message, but happens always after our access with remote control. And happens just in a group of machines, we are reviewing the settings.

• 4.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2015 12:57 PM

Hi

do you take a normal shared control or is it a secured control?

Rich

• 5.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Sep 28, 2015 01:04 PM

Just the shared control.

I asked for the user, to disable the Windows 7 UAC, and test the remote control again. I'm waiting for a answer.

• 6.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Sep 28, 2015 01:14 PM

Check the value of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations (before you reboot the machine).  If there are any values in there they will show you what file(s) are being updated to cause this message to occur, which might help you determine the cause.

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Principal Services Consultant

Tel: +1-731-676-4223

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com

<mailto:Stephen.McCormick@ca.com>

• 7.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Sep 30, 2015 01:20 PM

Stephen,

We dont have this key on the machines where we have the restart problem:

cp2819.jpg

• 8.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Sep 30, 2015 01:24 PM

OK, if the key does not exist then there are no pending file rename operations which is what usually triggers the message you are seeing.

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com

• 9.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 07:18 AM

I was thinking the same as Gordon. have you taken a look into your event logs to see if there was any change in the video drivers

regards

Rich

• 10.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2015 05:52 PM

Can you look at the configuration policy on the DM and check the following :

Default Computer policy/ or any locally applied policy

DSM

Remote Control

Host

Video capture

Can you send a screenshot of the values ?

Where any changed from the default ?

I am wondering if is changing video driver or some other setting that need a reboot to get applied.

• 11.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Sep 29, 2015 02:24 PM

my settings:

remote control.png

• 12.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 04:12 PM

.You are using the Default settings, so I wouldn't think the config policy is affecting those machines.

As a test if you do reboot the agent and then do another session, does it continue to ask you to reboot again ?

• 13.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Sep 30, 2015 01:34 PM

Another print from the users called my attention:

cp02819.jpg

This message at the left:

Personalized Settings

------------------------

Setting up personalized settings for:

Web Platform Customizations    

Let me see if the same message is showed on all machines. Could be a problem with IE11

Setting up personalized settings for: Web Platform Customizations - Microsoft Community

• 14.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Sep 30, 2015 01:43 PM

These are normal messages which appear when a user logs on to any windows system for the first time. Sometimes the dialog opens and closes quite quickly and is not noticed, other times it can take a while. It is just Windows setting up your user profile on the local machine.

Steve McCormick, ITIL

CA Technologies

Stephen.McCormick@ca.com

• 15.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2015 06:21 AM

Hi

Do you still need any further assistance on this or has your query been answered?

Regards

Rich

• 16.  Re: Remote control "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Posted Dec 01, 2015 05:23 AM

We changed the permissions of the users to administrator, and the problem was bypassed.