Clarity

• 1.  Custom audit trail portlet taking longer time to load in tab even after option "Do not show results until I filter" is checked.

Posted Sep 30, 2015 08:52 AM

We have built custom audit trail portlet with no. of union to join the audit data of different objects.

The no of results are quite huge so we added condition "Do not show untill i filter" in portlet, but still when this portlet is loaded its taking about a minute to load the portlet.

If I'm not wrong If portlet has option checked "Do not show results untill I filter", then the portlet should be loaded faster and the data of the portlet will be shown only when the filter button is clicked after providing required parameters.

Even by limiting the required fields in list layout of the portlet to less than 15 fields the portlet takes long time to load.

Can anyone please help me in this weird issue?

Br,

Sandeep Patil

• 2.  Re: Custom audit trail portlet taking longer time to load in tab even after option "Do not show results until I filter" is checked.

Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:07 AM

Run the query in a query tool to see how long it takes there and if the parameters make a difference.

If you have a heavy query it can take time to retrieve each page.

• 3.  Re: Custom audit trail portlet taking longer time to load in tab even after option "Do not show results until I filter" is checked.

Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:20 AM

If you have filter fields with default values and/or dropdowns, there are queries for those that need to run in the background as well to populate those values which could be contributing to the time taken.

I would probably want to setup an Action Trace (formerly known as SQL Trace) in the Clarity logs configuration for a user you can test this with, and that will capture the queries that run to generate the page and the timings they took for each.

This could help to narrow down where to start looking for your performance losses.

• 4.  Re: Custom audit trail portlet taking longer time to load in tab even after option "Do not show results until I filter" is checked.

Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:23 AM

I used to (much older Clarity versions) get a few cases where complex queries were seemingly being executed (by looking in SQL*Developer at the running SQL) when I was just opening a portlet and not-executing it. I don't seem to get these problems any more (or at least I have forgotten what caused such an issue), but maybe thats happening?

• 5.  Re: Custom audit trail portlet taking longer time to load in tab even after option "Do not show results until I filter" is checked.

Posted Oct 15, 2015 06:20 PM

Hi Sandeep - Did the responses help answer your question? If so please mark Correct Answer as appropriate. Thanks! Chris

Sandeep Patil wrote:

We have built custom audit trail portlet with no. of union to join the audit data of different objects.

The no of results are quite huge so we added condition "Do not show untill i filter" in portlet, but still when this portlet is loaded its taking about a minute to load the portlet.

If I'm not wrong If portlet has option checked "Do not show results untill I filter", then the portlet should be loaded faster and the data of the portlet will be shown only when the filter button is clicked after providing required parameters.

Even by limiting the required fields in list layout of the portlet to less than 15 fields the portlet takes long time to load.

Can anyone please help me in this weird issue?

Br,

Sandeep Patil

• 6.  Re: Custom audit trail portlet taking longer time to load in tab even after option "Do not show results until I filter" is checked.
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 16, 2015 06:10 AM

The issue seems to was due to backend. After restarting the services the performance was improved and also when moved portlet to other envrionment performance was pretty better.

The issue is resolved now.